PDA

View Full Version : help making a canopy

timsvw
04/08/2005, 11:32 AM
I was thinking about building a canopy for my tank, but I do not have the tools to make the mider cuts for the corners. Is there anyone here that might be able to give me a hand with that?

-Tim

deano488
04/08/2005, 05:39 PM
Tim - Go to Home Depot They will make all the cuts for you and then all you do is put it together... Down the moulding aisle they even have mitre boxes and saws and you can make the cuts yourself.

LunarCubes
04/08/2005, 06:11 PM
Tim,
If you want to swing by my place I could help you out. I have a miter saw, finish nailer, and other tools you could use. LMK..

Reef05
04/08/2005, 10:04 PM
tim
well i made my canopy for my tank if you need help pm me

timsvw
04/09/2005, 06:42 AM
thanks for the offers guys. I will talk to home depot first and see what they can do for me. I have most of the other tools it's just the miter cuts I need for sure. But some help might be nice.

I first went to lowes and they said they could not make the cuts for me. They said they only do rough cuts, but if home deopot does them that is great.

-Tim

jay24k
04/09/2005, 07:34 PM
Also, for your corners, don't worry about angle cutting them. Get some corner trim molding and then you can glue it on. It will hide all imperfect seems. Most pieces have them anyway. Until you get the right tools, that is imo the best way to go. It still looks nice too. I'd still have home depot cut them and then but em up to each other and glue and nail.