PDA

View Full Version : Chiller Wanted

jersey jo
04/04/2005, 01:24 PM
Hey Jersey Jo here,

My tank is heating up so its time to get a chiller. Let me know if you have an extra 1/3hp or bigger lying around. I have cash or some things to trade.

peace.thanks,holar back...jersey needs ur help...

floridajhawk
04/04/2005, 01:26 PM
joe ur supposed to be here today where u at ?!?

Lutefisk
04/04/2005, 02:48 PM
Dip or plumbed?

jersey jo
04/05/2005, 02:09 AM
help me out lutefisk,i dont know the difference,im guessing plumbed, i wish to connected to my 125,can u help me with some info ,thanks lute,how old is it,let me know,

jersey jo
04/05/2005, 02:18 AM
hawk, i sent u a message,work has been busy,n taking care of a 2 year old is not easy,maybe one day u will understand,i show tiger ur frags,like i said ,please be patient one day this week,happy birthday,i think i know what ur wish is,

Lutefisk
04/05/2005, 08:12 AM
If you go to this page you can see both types.

What I called the "plumbed" has pipe fittings where you use a pump to pump water through the chiller.

You can see what I called the "dip" kind by going to the following link and looking at the Aqua Logic Cyclone Chiller.

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_chillers_aqua_logic_delta-star_cyclone.asp?CartId=

With the Cyclone-type you just place that coil looking probe in a area of the sump where it gets decent flow.

I've used both types and they both work well. The Cyclone type is a little simpler.

I have a couple chillers and only need one right now. I have to decide which I'm going to keep.

Paul

jersey jo
04/05/2005, 11:10 AM
lutefisk,thanks for the info,the plumbed seams to be the easier one for me,or whats best for u.would u be willing to trade,i have some nice stuff,u can call me if u wish,407 846 8904 jo,thanks again jerzy jo.....call before 3 if u can ,i have to work all week.