PDA

View Full Version : WTB: yellow sailfin blenny

Mr2KiEu
04/04/2005, 03:23 AM
i was at aquarium concepts and in their huge bow tank they have a yellow sailfin blenny. they said its a rare fish. i've been looking for one,but no luck. can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get one of these guys. or if anyone has one that is willing to selling it, lemme kno. thanks.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/Mr2KiEu/yellowsailfin.bmp

anathema
04/05/2005, 06:46 PM
They is 2 varieties of this fish. One is Yellow, other is Black/Brown. They can also change color when stressed. I had a black one and it was very cool, perched on rocks and hid around the tank like an algae blenny. Seems to feed the same as an algae blenny.

I also managed to save my name for posterity on WetWebMedia when mine attacked and killed a midas blenny that was supposed to get along with it, both fish ended up killing themselves fighting and I couldn't catch them.

If you get one, make it your ONLY blenny type, ime.

I have seen these at Tropical Paradise, 6th, and Hung Ming.

Mr2KiEu
04/05/2005, 08:48 PM
cool, thanks for the info anathema. yea, my lawnmower blenny just disappeared from my tank.so i'm looking for a new blenny. i've seen the black ones before. do you know how much these guys sell for? imma go call up those places. never heard of any of those places before tho. what city are they in? thanks.