PDA

View Full Version : WTT acrylic for glass tank.

anathema
04/03/2005, 04:09 PM
Hey guys,

I'm considering setting a new system up, all I have running is my nano and what amounts to a big live sand collection at the moment.

One thing I am 100% sure of is that I will never ever ever have an acrylic tank again. So... I'm wondering if anyone is interested in trading one of my many acrylic tanks for a glass tank. If no one has a tank I'll have to buy one, but thought I'd try this first.

I'm looking for something in the 50G or under range, something I can hang 1 MH over and light. Ideal would be a 37 cube, but those are new enough I assume no one has an old one sitting around. It doesn't have to have an overflow, but it would be nice. Stand isn't a big deal either. I am more concerned about shape than anything else, I don't want a skinny tank, I have a 20G glass already but it's too narrow to do anything fun with rocks in.

Here's what I have available for trade:

60G Show, with overflow. Nicest tank imo, and my old display, it's 36"x15"x24" with a built in overflow in the back left corner. Thick acrylic, nice shape and size for a reef tank. Light scratching, but I think it will clean up nice. Still running atm, so I would need a week or so to take the system apart.

55ish?G tank, with overflow. 48"x15"x16" A wide, shallow tank perfect for a VHO lit tank. In fact, I have a 48" Coralife VHO setup that would work great for this tank, I'd want about $150 for the lights, 4 bulb, very old bulbs. Tank has some hazing, I don't think the scratches are very deep.

20G Acrylic no overflow. The standard tru view size, 24"x13"x16", in great shape.

I also have misc acrylic tanks suitable for sumps, that I feel are too scratched for other use. 50G, 40G and 26Long, all 36" wide. All of these have a bulkhead on the back wall.

Might also be interested in trading the VHO setup for a tank, it's a 4 bulb coralife VHO system, with 4 old bulbs, 3 actinic, 1 10K.

If you are interested in combinations of this equipment let me know what you have in trade.

Most of the tanks have some scratches, as all acrylics do once they leave the store. I will throw in a free acrylic scratch remover kit, I never bothered to use it.

Rurouni Kenshin
04/03/2005, 05:43 PM
I sure would be interested in that 60G let me know how much you want for it since the only glass tank I have is a 29G

prodman
04/03/2005, 09:04 PM
I have a 4o gallon cube I would trade for the 55ish lmk-Paul

prodman
04/04/2005, 09:04 PM
Or the 50 sump

Rurouni Kenshin
04/05/2005, 07:59 PM
Hey I cant get in contact with you because you don't have Pm, What should I do?

anathema
04/05/2005, 10:10 PM
Email me

Atm I have people interested in the 60G, 50G sump, and 20G. If something falls through I will post here, otherwise I'm sticking to plans made via email.

The 55ish (I actually went and used the RC calc and it comes out to 50, oops) is still available, as are the lights.

Sorry to have confused you, I used to have PM's on and get them and never notice. I'd finally realize I had one and it would be 2 months old. So I turned them off, it's better to have a single method of contact instead of checking multiple places for messages.

anathema
04/06/2005, 06:36 AM
Also, ATM I am not answering people who want to purchase tanks, I'd rather see trades go through first.

Once I see what I get in trade, and can evaluate what I need for a sump etc, I may sell off a couple more things, but not yet, sorry.