PDA

View Full Version : zoos are tough

deepbluesea99
04/03/2005, 03:05 AM
just thaut you guys might find this entertaning.so im fresahwater dipping some zoos. never can be to carefull when you have a sizable collection of them you dont wanto introduce aney nasty hitchhikers like nudis or sundial snails.im in a hurry as usual its about 11 am nd i need to get to work,so off i go. i do the work thing you know talk to some nice people help them unencumber them of some money thats weighing them down lol (sorry guys) i come home and eat dinner and plop down to watch some tv.
its about 8 pm and im looking at my tanks as i often am and i notice a rock sitting out on the fragging table.geesh i forgot to put one of the zoos into my tank.its ben out for over 8 houres and is totaly dry to the touch.knowing how tightly zoos can seal up i have some hope of saving the critters.so i drop the zoo jerky into my tank and within 15 minutes the whole rock opens up not a single lost polyp.
i guess the moral to this story is dont be a moron like me lol and if you are let it be with a zooanthlid colony because there tough as nails.
best regards guys rich

STACKER
04/03/2005, 12:21 PM
Mine would have died, gone nechrotic in 5 min. and clouded the tank!!!! Ya gott alove good luck, it beats being good every time!

Reefer247
04/03/2005, 01:45 PM
wow rich and his amazing zoos.. come one come all and view the amazing zoos.

thats awesome that they made it rich.. :)

deepbluesea99
04/03/2005, 07:14 PM
there is something better than being lucky though dale its being good and lucky lol

STACKER
04/04/2005, 04:28 AM
Let me know when you get good! LOLOLOLOL

deepbluesea99
04/04/2005, 11:32 AM
sounds good.

Howieytown
04/04/2005, 08:18 PM
are they still alive?

deepbluesea99
04/22/2005, 12:53 PM
alive and multiplying howie

Howieytown
04/22/2005, 06:01 PM
Hi Rich, ltns,
Multiplying, now theres something that really hasnt happened yet in my tank. Things are growing bigger, the only thing that died recently was a silver xenia frag. Everything else looks great but no babies anywhere. Maybe during one of this "reef hops" ya'll can throw some tips out there for me?

deepbluesea99
04/24/2005, 08:34 AM
your tank is on the new side howie might just need time to settle in but if that isint it we will have a look and see about fixing it .