PDA

View Full Version : Oceanpro aquatics horrible

Gocubbies
04/01/2005, 04:03 PM
I do not recomend this compay to anyone. I ordered live rock from them about a month ago and I still don't have it. I bought this on ebay I should of read there feedback first. It shows that I wasn't the only person that had to wait a long time. I hope this saves someone time and money in the future thanks Tony:mad2:

Illusion
04/01/2005, 06:33 PM
I ordered Base Rock from them and it was send out the next day.. No issues.. Although I called them on the phone and Made sure it was going out as well as Ordered it from their website..

James

Gocubbies
04/01/2005, 09:08 PM
I ordered threw ebay and I called them with payment. Maybe I should of ordered it from there site. They keep giving me the run around

Illusion
04/01/2005, 09:10 PM
I would call them and Speak with Mike.. If the issue isnt resolved by the next day I would dispute the charges if you paid Via Paypal or CC And call it good.. Disputing the charges costs the Merchant thru the CC company as well... FWIW my baserock was awesome and Cheap..

James

Gocubbies
04/01/2005, 09:14 PM
Well thanks they are trying not to give me a refund. The ebay item said no refunds. So I don't know what to do

Illusion
04/01/2005, 09:25 PM
WEll If they havent shipped the Rock then they have no choice...

Did you pay by Credit card? If so Go online and File the Claim... It will be stripped from the merchants account unless he can "your Signature" prove that you recieved the package...

Paypal.. Go online and File a claim thru their system.. They will investigate "same Terms" and yank the money out of his account... The merchant has no say so in the matter what so ever as he has not complied with his contract with them to deliever the merchandise.. Just like if you buy something and are not satisfied with the product and try every means of Returning it they will "Return" it for you.. I believe all it takes in that case is sending the package "Sig Req" and provide the CC company with the tracking #... No keep in mind you might/do go into a CC fraud Database to avoid Merchants from being taken Advantage of this by policy... Depending on Amount and other factors from my understanding... As some people will Dispute major charges several times and get stuff for free..

HTH<
James

Gocubbies
04/01/2005, 09:36 PM
I recieved a package but no sig. They sent me nothing but crappy rock I could of went out in my yard and picked up the same rock. One of the pieces was actually concrete I swear. I called them and ups picked them up and its been two weeks

Illusion
04/01/2005, 09:46 PM
Im sorry but i am done trying to help ya out...

Your Original Posts states.

"I do not recomend this compay to anyone. I ordered live rock from them about a month ago and I still don't have it."

and now this post states something completely Different...
" I recieved a package but no sig. They sent me nothing but crappy rock I could of went out in my yard and picked up the same rock. One of the pieces was actually concrete I swear."

Sorry man... All I can say is keep working with them if that really was the Case... next time you might want to Tell the truth up Front..

James

Gocubbies
04/01/2005, 09:52 PM
Well I just was telling you what your where asking. I didn't really post this to get help I just wanted to tell people to read there feedback on ebay first before buying thats all. I was telling the truth didn't think someone would get so into this post like you did sorry I guess

ssharpe007
04/03/2005, 05:26 AM
Here is my nightmare story with oceanpro. They absolutely suck! This is an email I sent them only to have them send it back saying they had a bug in their system. What a joke. I wilol massacre my fish before I buy from them again. Here is the email:

Dear Oceanpro,
After all is said and done I have to express how COMPLETELY UNSATISFIED I am with the service, support and quality of everything I have dealt with in the last 2 months. I hate to do this because I usually complain about little to nothing. If you look at my records you will see that I have ordered products from oceanpro before. This last time has been PURE HELL! At first when I ordered the products Oceanpro had no problem debiting my chargecard. After 2 weeks I received an email stating their was a problem with UPS and communications between the 2 parties. I called the offices multiple times over the course of 2 weeks only to have a representative tell me "another 2 days it will be shipped" which turned out to be a load of crap! I talked to Daniel and Anita multiple times only to get the runaround by both of them. After the UPS deal I was told my shipment would be shipped ASAP. A week later i was able to track the package and realized that the shippment was going to the wrong address. When I called oceanpro to attempt to resolve the shipping error they could not find my paperwork and told me they would call me back(which they never did). My goods came all the way to the east coast and had to be redireced back at the last minute all the way back to the west coast to fix an address problem of a 2 mile difference! It was not my fault that it was shipped to the wrong address but I dealt with it. I always kept my cool on the phone as I am a proffesional and dont want to loose it! Whan the package was finally on its way to my location I was told I would get an email notifying me of the tracking no. but I never received it. Then I called someone in the shipping office and he swore that the overflow skimmer I was to receive was clear in the front and blue in the back(which would have been fine with me) but instead I received a blue in the front and clear in the rear overflow skimmer whick looked ridiculous in my tank so I removed it immidiately. I have been internet shopping for the last 10 years now and have never had more of a nightmare than this order. I am completely dissatisfied with the service and the way I was made to beleive everything was ok when it was not. It sounds to me like your business is a fly by night deal(which im sure it is not) because everytime I called no one had a clue what was going on. They lost my paperwork on more than one occasion and had to call me back 5 times(and only actually called back 3 times) At this point if I dont get some sort of email with an explenation of why I got the major screw from oceanpro I will swear to never buy another item from you. I am also a respected member of multiple aquatic websites and I will copy this email to many other members if I dont get an email explaining why all this mess happend. I love your website very much and I think that is why Im so upset that I was treated like a piece of s**t everytime I tried to work something out with your staff. Please email me as soon as it is possible! ssharpe007@yahoo.com

Gocubbies
04/03/2005, 03:00 PM
Yep no call backs ,no emails, no tracking #s ,and nobody knows whats going on. Well they do have good prices but when it takes one or two months to get it ,its not worth it! Just blame it on UPS OCEANPRO

AquAsylum
04/11/2005, 09:00 AM
Wow, I'm so glad I'm not alone! I am wrestling with them over a refund too. I placed a LARGE order from them on ebay and they shipped 3 weeks early (I was told that I could specify a ship date and they completely disregarded it) so I didn't have a tank for it. They were being very nice and apologetic, so I placed another order, this time through their website, and they again screwed up the shipping. I rejected the box, because THEY told me to, and now Mike is back from vacation and telling me I shouldn't have done that and that they'll only give me a partial refund.

Now I'm worried that I won't even get that. Yikes!

Gocubbies
04/11/2005, 07:15 PM
still don't have my stuff not even a shipping # i call everyday .They say its going to be shipped in a couple days I think they mean months damn Anita. I'm so fired up about it ,its worth the plane ticket . I spent a total of 838.00 I think I deserve a little respect with that much of an order.

Oceangirl
05/04/2005, 07:37 PM
I ordered some decorative corals and other products. It took 1 1/2 months for me to receive my order, it was urgent stuff that I needed but still. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN.