PDA

View Full Version : going to LFS this weekend

canes17
04/01/2005, 12:17 PM
Hi I am going to the LFS this weekend to purchase some corals. I wanted to start off with some easy to take care of Corals like Xenia. Does anyone know any other corals that are easy to take care of and multiply throughout the tank

floridajhawk
04/01/2005, 12:31 PM
hey I have some yellow polyp if you have anything to trade if not i can just give it to you for half what you'll pay at lfs, got a little xenia frag I can let go to if your interested in any of it

cschweitzer
04/01/2005, 01:24 PM
Mushroom polyps, button ppolyps, leathers are pretty easy to care for. Just need moderate water conditions, moderate lighting, fed a couple times a week, and they will grow like crazy. Florida J has some really nice yellows. You should definitely take him up on them. I just got a frag of them a few days ago and they are bright yellow. Thanks hawk

cristhiam
04/01/2005, 01:35 PM
I have pulsing xenia, elonganta xenia and gsp

BoricuaMojao
04/01/2005, 01:43 PM
You should come to the club meeting.

You'll leave with your hands full for a fraction of the cost.

MORAY
04/01/2005, 09:05 PM
You might think about where you want to take the tank long term. I wish I never put certain things in my tank and it becomes very hard to get rid of some. Green start polyps have killed off some zoos and some soos and mushrooms have caused problems for SPS. If I could find something that would eat Xenia I would put it in. That stuff is about impossible to get rid off.

However, BoricuaMojao is right and you should check out some meetings. Great deals on tank raised corals there.

LunarCubes
04/01/2005, 09:46 PM
You may want to go to the frag trade going down tomorrow afternoon. Although its called "frag trade" im sure you could buy some easy corals like zoos and shrooms. Plus they will be WAY less then the LFS.

canes17
04/02/2005, 08:43 PM
how much are dues to become a member

floridajhawk
04/02/2005, 08:47 PM
20 for one person per year
www.o-r-c-a.com :)