PDA

View Full Version : Give me your thoughts on seapods or oceanpods

gavinstreet
03/31/2005, 06:13 PM
Added mandarin to my 37g tank. 50 pounds of LR and 40 LS. nothing in it but coral beauty and urchin. The tank is full of copepods and amphipods, but i'm sure the mandarin will eventually eat them all.

I don't have a refugium to grow them, but thinking of adding a bottle of seapods or oceanpods to the tank monthlly and want to know what your thoughts are on the product. Do it work, is it worth the 25 bucks + shipping.

thanks
Chris

Jpizzle
03/31/2005, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure if that will work... just because you're going to be paying more for your fish to eat than probably what you pay for your own meals.

If I were you.. I'd seriously consider adding a refugium to your tank.. or returning the mandarin. FYI- dwarf angels eat a lot of pods too.. ever notice how they pick at the rockwork all day?

mattseattle
03/31/2005, 07:41 PM
i've bought from both of those vendors and i was not impressed with what i received for the money. the bottles barely had any pods in them.

i did buy some pods from floridapets.com and was very impressed with what i received.

gavinstreet
04/01/2005, 12:22 AM
I would return the mandarin, but he was part of a tank that a friend has torn apart and put in the back of his garage.

Teremei
04/01/2005, 01:19 AM
Don't get seapods. A very good marine biologist used to own the company, and now another company owns it. And according to my source they do not go through as much effort to keep everything sterile.

Order from oceanpods. For about $40 including shipping you will get almost 1000 small pods of varying species.