PDA

View Full Version : i have a large 5" choclate chip id like to trade for something....

agoutihead
03/29/2005, 11:25 PM
ive got a very healthy , pretty large chocolate chip starfish i would like to trade someone for something. im not sure what i want, but make an offer of what youd like to trade it for and ill let you know.

the only reason im getting rid of it is because its been eating all of my corals and i want to get a linkia.

let me know! thanks!

lawdog
03/30/2005, 10:11 AM
CC stars are known for eating corals. Not generally considered reef safe by any means. I think someone here was looking for one though, I forget the name.

Linkia's don't usually do too well in captivity either, so I don't know if I would go that route or not. Depends on your tank setup. They are beautiful, but may only last a little while before literally dissolving in your tank.

Check some of the LFS's. They may be willing to accept it in a trade. I would call them and ask if they wanted one and maybe they would give you store credit for it. Safest bet is to go for a nice colored serpent or brittle star, easy and reef safe and cool looking too.

agoutihead
03/31/2005, 11:19 PM
hey whats up dude! thanks for that live rock it made my tank 100x better. i think maybe another 25 and i should be pretty well set.

yeah, i only really realized that after i put all those corals in my tank and it started devouring them. surprisingly it hasnt touched my green shrooms or my frogspawn or hammer coral.

i plan on going to salty critter this weekend, me and my fiance are going to take a drive on saturday. you think theyll take it in for trade?

lawdog
04/01/2005, 10:59 AM
Call them or email Dan first. Tell him what you have and see if he will give you store credit for it. I know he takes in trades, but I think it depends on what he needs or is looking for.

It never hurts to ask. They are real nice out there, just call him. Take a look at the rock he has. Last time I was there he had "base rock" for like $2.99 /lb. You could probably get like 15 lbs of that and 1 or 2 real nice pieces of Bali or Eva rock to top of the reef (5-7 lbs) and save a ton of money to finish it off.

website is saltycritter.com

Good luck. Quickest way is to take the Turnpike West to Bauhmhart Road exit. Head N. on Baumhart until you hit Lake Road you will see Ford Plant. Take a Left onto Lake/Route 6 and it will take you right into Vermilion (about 3 miles up). Salty Critter is in the plaza behind the McDonalds on that same road. Very easy to find. If you go over the Vermilion River you have gone too far.

Take some cash. I never walk out of that store without spending more than $100 bucks, you just want one of each when you are there.