PDA

View Full Version : Holes in tank.....

HouseDJSTL
03/28/2005, 10:54 PM
We just got a 75RR that has been used. But for some reason, the previous owner has two holes drilled on the bottom in the main part of the tank, not the overflow side. What would be the best way to plug them? We were thinking just buying some think glass or acylic and putting alot of silicon around it to seal it.

What do you guys think??

Thanks!!!

-J

Stbringer
03/28/2005, 11:09 PM
A friend of mine has a 90RR that has holes in the bottom, she uses them for the pump returns! I guess it would depend where they are on yours.

staticfishmonger
03/29/2005, 02:43 AM
i would say if possible utilize the holes for a closed loop or somthing of the sort. if you decide not to use them i would probably still install a bulkhead, and cap it off with a threaded pvc cap.

gev
03/29/2005, 07:53 AM
IF you don't want to use the holes...

Assuming this is a glass tank, get two pieces of 1/2" glass from a glass shop 6"x6" (or one larger piece if the holes are close together). Put a liberal amount of aquarium silicone on each piece of glass and press them down over the holes on the inside of the tank. Put a hardcover book on top of the glass.

Wait 24 hours to cure. Test fill the tank outside and check for leaks. This repair will last the life of the tank, but you (or the next owner) can remove it.

Originally posted by HouseDJSTL
We just got a 75RR that has been used. But for some reason, the previous owner has two holes drilled on the bottom in the main part of the tank, not the overflow side. What would be the best way to plug them? We were thinking just buying some think glass or acylic and putting alot of silicon around it to seal it.

What do you guys think??

Thanks!!!

-J