PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Tomato Clown doing very poor

Ben1852
03/28/2005, 10:22 PM
I have a 10g tank - with a tomato clown and a blue damsel - last week, my clown had what i beleived to be ick <lil white spots> - and brought water for a test at LFS - found very high amonia levels, and added buffer and some "good bacteria" - so an immediate improvement.

NOW - one week later, the tomato clown is staying at the bottom of the tank, in rock crevices, and on the "floor" - fins moving quite a bit, and gills obviously moving quickly - but the fish stays on its side, and moves very little - did a water test at LFS and they found nothing out of the ordinary - added an ick treatment today... the lil guy is clearly sick - but still very active <even though hes not moving around> - any suggestions?

Jpizzle
03/28/2005, 10:56 PM
first thing I coudl recommend would be to do large scale water changes over the next few days. Just make sure the water is the same as what's in your tank and your good to go. dilute the pollution..

are you only checking ammonia? You should also be checking your nitrite and nitrate. You should not only do tests yourself.. but compare them with your LFS. It's good to get different tests to compare and contrast them.

BTW- i have a feeling you stocked too many fish too quickly before your tank was really cycled. If I were you.. I would reduce your bioload in that small 10 gal. tank to only 1 fish. IMO a tomato clown will outgrow a 10 gal. tank. If your fish survive- I would highly recommend returning one of them to your LFS for store credit