PDA

View Full Version : looking for larger rubbermaid sump locally

reefer on a budget
03/26/2005, 11:14 PM
anyone know a local place that sells large rubbermaid tubs one can use as a sump.

aquascene
03/26/2005, 11:57 PM
I have a 150 gal rubbermaid I'll sell you.

reefer on a budget
03/27/2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by aquascene
I have a 150 gal rubbermaid I'll sell you.

how much? $20 with delivery. i really need a smaller one that is no wider than 3'. there has to be a place locally that carries these tubs or something comparable.

GreshamH
03/27/2005, 02:32 AM
I have a smaller rubbermaid farm tub, 75g I think. Your welcome to it, it's just taking up real estate at our facility. Heh, I may even be able to bring it by sometime this week as I need to bring Jim his stand soon.

Are you looking for the industrial/farm grade horse troughs, or just those blue/green 20g tubs? The farm grade can be purchased from any feed store, unfortunatly, I can't tell you any on that side of the mountain. Natural Life in Sunnyvale has had some in the past, give Manfred a call, or ask Matt (Al G Blenny)

reefer on a budget
03/27/2005, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by GreshamH
I have a smaller rubbermaid farm tub, 75g I think. Your welcome to it, it's just taking up real estate at our facility. Heh, I may even be able to bring it by sometime this week as I need to bring Jim his stand soon.

Are you looking for the industrial/farm grade horse troughs, or just those blue/green 20g tubs? The farm grade can be purchased from any feed store, unfortunatly, I can't tell you any on that side of the mountain. Natural Life in Sunnyvale has had some in the past, give Manfred a call, or ask Matt (Al G Blenny)

gresham, im looking for industrial one that has hard walls. do you know the dimensions of the 75g offhand? im basically looking to add a sump for my 360.

GreshamH
03/27/2005, 02:50 AM
http://www.rcpworksmarter.com/rcp/products/detail.jsp?categoryID=507&subcategoryID=555&rcpNum=4244

Looks like its a 70g, from the above link.

32" x 40 1/2" upper OD. You could cut it down a bit, I've done it many times in the past.

reefer on a budget
03/27/2005, 10:47 PM
gresham,
thanks for the info. i think i need the 100gallon since im looking for a tub at least 4' long. i think i found one locally.
thanks again.