PDA

View Full Version : 180 Gallon Update

sirhelm
03/25/2005, 12:51 AM
Well just an update.

I reworked the plumbing, and was able to remove 2 of the 4 90"s for the drains. This has seemed to increase the drainage slightly.

I replaced the PVC from the sump to the pump with flex pvc. This reduced the noise coming from the resonation of the PVC and the sump.

However the pump is still making way too much noise and has a tick in it. I will be following up with the mfg on this

I am running the pump at 3/4 throttle and this seems to be the best I can get.

Still dealing with microbubbles. I need to find out where air is getting into the system. Time to start siliconing.

Still waiting for my Seio 1500's as I got screwed by FishSupply.com (of which I will no longer order items from).

Also thinking about how to get my fuge partitioned in the sump. I thought of placing a small clear plastic bucket (with low profile) and weigh it down with LR and LS. Or I may just get 2 arcylic pieces 15X10 to make a small compartment.

Also still looking for LR for the tank tho.

Now Have 14 Chromis in various sizes, and it is cool when they all school together and go zooming around the tank.

That is about it!

SH

teachermark
03/25/2005, 04:11 AM
Sounds like it's coming along well. Keep at it, you'll figure out how to reduce that noise and take care of the bubbles. I'll have to put you to work on the tank at school, I don't even know where to start! :D

sirhelm
03/26/2005, 01:36 AM
Hey guys I am thinking of draining the water in the tank and drop the chromis into a tub with heater and airstone for a couple of hours while I try and level the tank and stand.

Situation:

Floor is not level. Slopes to the right

I measured the size of the shim and it needs to be only 1/4".

So what and how would you recommend I do this?

What can I use to shim the tank with that won't crack or shatter, yet is only 1/4" thick

Will this place too much pressure on the stand?

Thanks

Sh