PDA

View Full Version : Fishsupply.com

sirhelm
03/24/2005, 07:23 PM
I will never buy anything from Fishsupply.com. I ordered 2 Seio 1500's 2 days ago. I checked the website and the order was still in process. I called up and was told that they were out of stock until next week. However when I ordered them they were in stock.

Simply unacceptable in today's E-commerce industry.

They have lost a customer.

SH

tobasdad
03/25/2005, 10:25 AM
Wow, that seems a little harsh. They ran out, and are getting more next week. Anyway, I've had great experience with them, live and dry goods

sirhelm
03/25/2005, 10:39 AM
Not Harsh at all.

I needed that equipment as soon as possible, and they did not notify me that they ran out of stock (which is a written policy that they do). Am I supposed to sit there for a week and a half waiting for these things to show up? Nope, online stores are a dime a dozen. So I went with Marine Depot, and paid an extra 5 bucks each. Still going to get them sooner than having to wait for FishSupply.com to send them out.

What is worse is that FishSupply.com is located in Cali, so I have to pay sales tax on them as well. I only chose them because I know that ground del in CA is really only 2 days compared to the 5 it takes outta state. As a result I was calculating on a 3-4 day turnaround.

Oh Well to each their own

SH

reefpeep2004
03/25/2005, 03:04 PM
Marine Depot is located in Cali too, or didn't you notice?

sirhelm
03/25/2005, 04:48 PM
LOL... Nope I didn't notice.

mmmm.... Wonder why they don't charge sales tax??

That is what usually catches my eye as to where they are located.

Thanks for pointing that out!!

SH

Pike
03/26/2005, 12:09 AM
Marine Depot will match any advertised online price too...

minyoe
05/10/2005, 02:28 AM
I ordered from fishsupply three times. I just recently placed my first live three weeks ago. They are slow to reply. I haven't had any problems w/ dry orders. I ordered a JBJ delux formosa from them a couple years back. One of the ballasts were bad. I was upset ($250 or something like that). I e-mailed them and they took care of it by coordinating w/ JBJ.

The live order, well, I ordered on Wed., expecting to get the order on Fri. I got a e-mail saying that they are looking for the perfect size blue tang that I requested, I e-mailed back saying that they could forget the tang, but no response. Mon morning I get a call saying that they are confirming delivery, they found the tang. Well, I recieved all the live stock early morning. All alive and very very healthy. (yellow eyed tang, blue tang, 50 hermits, cleaner shrimp). The yellow eye wanted to play dead at first, but that's just a tang acting like a tang. It's been over two weeks and everything is still alive and swimming. I am going to order from them again.

HaroldT
05/10/2005, 12:15 PM
I have had good experience with fishsupply in the past. If they are out of the Seio, try marine depot or custom aquatic, both carry Seio.

cperez155
05/10/2005, 06:41 PM
isint their shipping prices really really high compared to other sites or am i missing something?

minyoe
05/11/2005, 02:14 AM
I'm right here in So. Cal, maybe that's why the shipping is reasonable for me. (Drygoods, and livestock, have to make it worth while by buying a few).

I just put in another order today. I hope that it'll be as good as the last order of live goods. Will let everyone know.