PDA

View Full Version : Coco worm??

chase2931
03/23/2005, 12:18 PM
I have a friend that keeps asking me if I know anything about Coco worms, which I don't. So I want to see if any of you have one or have had one and some of the details. How hard are they to keep, feeding, lights, etc. Thanks for your help.

hollback
03/23/2005, 12:41 PM
I baby sat one of my friends for about 7 months so I am by no means an expert. I know that they are filter feeders and usually like a semi-shaded or lower light area. I just dose DTs and liquid life for my clams and other filter feeders. Seems to do the trick. Sorry I can't offer more input.

romunov
03/23/2005, 03:47 PM
Hollback is right, they are filter feeders. In fact, they like it very much and most aquarists don't dose enough of that stuff. They generally starve in aquaria. I would not buy it/keep it.

Crusty Old Shellback
03/23/2005, 03:56 PM
I've had one for a few months now and yes, they are filter feedes. They are in teh same family as the feather dusters just they have a hard calicum shell vice the leathery one of a feather duster. If he has other filter feeders that are surviving, then he should be OK. I've got a ton of teh small feather worms in my tank as well as sponges and hitchhicker clams/mussles/scallops that have been thriving in my tank for years. I don't directly feed any of them but the thrive in there.

iCam
03/23/2005, 04:19 PM
CoCo worms generally need a fairly mature tank. They require feedings of live phytoplankton, and a higher, stable calcium level.