PDA

View Full Version : April meeting in Dixon

bookfish
03/23/2005, 11:34 AM
As is our tradition, BAR will be cancelling its' meeting for April so that we can join with our friends in MARS at the Dixon swap.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=556649

For May we will be back at ASAP for a presentation by Drew Weiner from Reef Projects International.

See you there.-Jim

bookfish
03/23/2005, 01:42 PM
I should have said Drew Weiner is the president of Reef Protection International... http://www.earthisland.org/rpi/

Sorry about that.-Jim

bookfish
04/04/2005, 09:25 PM
Drew will not be able to speak to us in May, though perhaps at a later date.
I'll keep posting as alternate plans develop.
Thanks-Jim

shetland
04/15/2005, 11:34 PM
I am a new member (i hope) will pay tomarrow and i will be attending and would love to particabate. what kind of corals are you looking for I have over 50 please let me know what to bring!
thanks
shetland

capescuba
04/16/2005, 10:19 AM
Hi Shetland - you are on the Roster that will be at the swap so no problems there.

As for corals, it's really your call and how generous you feel :) Some folks take 1 or two frags, while others take 10's and 10's of them.

Dave

sagitariuscbc
04/18/2005, 02:23 PM
i think this is a very kind gesture in bar's part.

thanks to all that came out and also to those that were there at heart!

shawn!~)
mars
public relations

sfsuphysics
04/18/2005, 03:45 PM
oh speaking of Rosters one of the people who had a bar roster to check off names made a suggestion that the BAR roster actually be alphabetized :)

capescuba
04/18/2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by sfsuphysics
oh speaking of Rosters one of the people who had a bar roster to check off names made a suggestion that the BAR roster actually be alphabetized :)

Short of clicking the correct column for them in Excel and then hitting sort, I'm not sure how much more helpfull we could have been ;)

GreshamH
04/18/2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by sfsuphysics

The roster is USELESS IMO as I have yet to be added, and I paid last August ;) I wonder how many others fell thru the cracks like me. I can care less about the $25 bucks, I just hate being hassled for it when I did do it.

Who ever is in charge now, please take note of this and correct it ASAP.

It sure was fun being hassled by Anthony to pay at the last BAR swap, when I had several hundred dollars in donations, not to mention 30+ frags, in tow.:rolleyes:

capescuba
04/18/2005, 04:16 PM
Gresham,
I can absolutely guarantee you were on the roster that I personally maintain and personally sent to MARS. This is the line item entry:

Last First RC Handle Member Type
----- ------ ------------- -----------------
Hendee Gresham GreshamH S

It takes a lot of work maintaining this and I am confident that it is now very up to date. We had 3 people join the week prior to this swap and they are all on this list too.

I can imagine being hassled by Anthony was no fun ;) and assure you we are working very hard to streamline the process.

Regards,
Dave

sfsuphysics
04/18/2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by capescuba
Short of clicking the correct column for them in Excel and then hitting sort, I'm not sure how much more helpfull we could have been ;)

Actually that would have been very helpful :)

There seemed to be clumps of alphabetized by last name people, but those clumps weren''t in any particular order. You were already there when I came dave but the line really started to get long, so something like that probably would have sped through bar members.

GreshamH
04/18/2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by capescuba
Gresham,
I can absolutely guarantee you were on the roster that I personally maintain and personally sent to MARS. This is the line item entry:

Last First RC Handle Member Type
----- ------ ------------- -----------------
Hendee Gresham GreshamH S

It takes a lot of work maintaining this and I am confident that it is now very up to date. We had 3 people join the week prior to this swap and they are all on this list too.

I can imagine being hassled by Anthony was no fun ;) and assure you we are working very hard to streamline the process.

Regards,
Dave

Call me blind then :) I searched that list for some time.

GreshamH
04/18/2005, 04:35 PM
BTW Dave, I'm not trying to hassle you, or give yah a hard time. I know exactly how hard it is to maintain a list like that, I did it for a national non profit group for a while. When I got the list, it had 5 year old members that hadn't paid in that long and still listed as active.

I'm sure, no wait, I positive your doing a bang up job :)

capescuba
04/18/2005, 04:40 PM
Hey No problems Gresham - I just wanted to reassure you that you are on the list I sent.

It's possibe that when it was printed that some things got cropped or lost ...

TheMandarinFish
04/19/2005, 02:58 PM
Sorry Gresham. We actually put you in as Gresham Handee.

We figured that because you donate tons, all the time, and make the club possible on so many levels that you were named handee.

Sorry if the misspelling tripped you up. That, and when I paid Anthony to f*** with you. Other than that, you're a member in good standing.

Actually, Anthony was swamped at the table and had explicit instructions to check everyone and everything. The system wasn't in place yet. It will be next time.

We know who you are now Gresh.

shetland
04/19/2005, 09:54 PM
where can i find the roaster list?

bookfish
04/19/2005, 10:07 PM
Membership roaster! Gave me a good chuckle! Our member list isn't public so we don't give out member info even to members.-Jim:p