PDA

View Full Version : Mars Frag Swap Information April 16

budgetyourself
03/23/2005, 11:24 AM
Here is the frag swap information up to this point in time

Everyone who is a member of a reef club is able to participate - please bring a membership card or area reef clubs should bring a membership list the day of the swap.

We are having a BBQ lunch which costs $5.00

IF you do not have frags, the cost is $10.00 - this will go into a fund to buy more colonies that can be fragged. You should get at least 4 frags (and probably more) so it is well worth the price.

The swap begins at 11:00 a.m. Sign-ups begin at 9:30. If you need to join a club please arrive before 10:30.

There will be a "rare" or "sought after" category of corals, the members who bring these will get to pick first. This is to encourage the bringing of more sought after corals. When you sign in, you will receive a random group number or letter and we will then pick in groups. The rare group goes first, then the next groups in order of their letter (i.e. group Rare, A, B, C, etc. when we get to the end of the groups, we will start all over again). The rare corals will be mixed in with all the other corals. We will have tables dividing sps, softies, zoos, etc. to make it a little easier to find what you might be interested in.

Families get one pick - there are enough picks that if there are two members, they can alternate picks so each member gets to pick out their "own" coral.

Please bring all corals Pre-bagged Preferably in a fish store type bag or a container. No baggies! Please write the name of the coral and conditions it grows under on the outside. IF you arrive early, we will have a warm water bath to set the bags in.

We are going to buy small aquacultured colonies for the raffle. We will raffle off the entire colonies. Each coral will have their own container for raffle tickets, so if you really want that coral you can put as many tickets in that particular coral's container as you want - so bring lots of money.

Lastly - my address in 370 E. Mayes St. Dixon. 95620
Finally -

Please let me know if you are coming so we can estimate the amount of food we will need. Either PM me or answer this post.
I am sure I forgot some information, but this is a start - Remember to let me know if you are coming - thanks, Pam

capescuba
03/23/2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks Pam.

We have not yet distributed membership cards so BAR will be providing our current member Roster list for validation.

If you wish to sign up for BAR in advance of this event, please use our Web Site - www.bareefers.org and go to membership.

Regards,
Dave

teachermark
03/23/2005, 11:47 AM
Hey Dave,
I signed up and will pay you on the day of the swap.

Mark

capescuba
03/23/2005, 12:10 PM
Hi Mark,
That would be fine - you're details are in the roster so just need to mark you as active.

We are also working on Pay Pal integration to make things easier for us all so watch out for info on that ...

Regards,
Dave

raddogz
03/23/2005, 04:21 PM
Just so I have an understandin what's considered "rare"?

Tyree anything would be rare I suppose. Would an ORA tort be rare, Oregon or possibly Bennett tort I guess would be. I think we should hash out what's rare. jmo

JsL30629
03/23/2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks, I'll be going.

How will the picking go?

Say there are 4 groups: R A B C D

Will it go: R A B C D then R A B C D and again

Or: R A B C D then D C B A R?

sfsuphysics
03/23/2005, 05:09 PM
rut roh.. not the picking sequence again.... :)

But yah I won a Tyree? Pocolapora(sp) at a raffle, that's rare ain't it! :)

capescuba
03/23/2005, 06:06 PM
I would suggest you check the MARS Forum (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=173) here on RC for questions related to their swap - there are several threads running on there that will answer most of your questions.

Regards.
Dave

bookfish
03/24/2005, 07:17 PM
At the last BAR BOD meeting we did discuss and approve the following changes to our swap coming up in July.
New picking order:
Basically the rare group will bracket the picks so:
R 1 2 3 4 5 6 R 6 5 4 3 2 1 R 1 2 3 etc...

Also we agreed that family memberships will get 2 picks once the rare group has picked twice. In the example above, group 6 on their second round would include 2 picks for family memberships and all groups thereafter would also get 2 picks per family membership.I have no idea exactly what MARS has planned but Shawn was at the BOD meeting so they may adopt some or all of this change.

As far as what is rare at the Dixon swap, Pam told me last time I saw her that I'd (been) volunteered to assess rarities for them so it may just be me or me and someone else or a group deciding what is rare. HTH-Jim

jimsar
03/25/2005, 04:06 AM
RSVP -
I'll be there.
Jim

Bamm Bamm
03/25/2005, 10:37 AM
Hmmm I might need to add my Fiance to my membership..=)

OK SO what is constituted as RARE???? We need a definition of this before hand so I can decide what Rare Coral I'm going to bring.. obviuosly not my BB limited edition PPE's(Purple Pedro Eaters)

bookfish
03/25/2005, 10:42 AM
This would be good for anyone w/rare zoos or corals that are likely to be closed up during check-in.-Jim

sfsuphysics
03/25/2005, 11:54 AM
Geeze dan, don't you have enough corals that you don't need to spend $10 to get twice as many from a bi annual swap?? :)

BBishop
03/27/2005, 05:28 PM
Count me in.

Thanks,
Bill

Bamm Bamm
03/28/2005, 10:36 AM
Mike I'm actually have a family membership with NVR(Northern Valley Reefers) so at Bar I'm set=).. You gotta remember though I have three tanks setup and I'm setting up another prop tank soon,..,=)

73ChargerFan
04/03/2005, 04:40 PM
I'll be there. Thanks Pam & MARS for the invitation.

prodman
04/05/2005, 07:15 AM
Pam- Count me in. I will be there. This sounds great thanks for making this happen-Paul

GreshamH
04/05/2005, 12:50 PM
I'll be there Pam. I'll also have some news one way or another today for you.

Jonovan02
04/05/2005, 02:41 PM
Hey Pam,
I'll be there with my cousin and my son.
Thanks,
Gabe

ejamsrhere
04/05/2005, 05:15 PM
I plan on being there.

Jpizzle
04/05/2005, 06:28 PM
I'm definitely coming. I'm also carpooling with another BAR member (Critterz aka Leo). I don't know about him.. but I'm definitely going to eat BBQ there too!

reefer on a budget
04/06/2005, 12:16 AM
can anyone attending the frag swap who frequents the LFS in the bay area on the weekends do me a favor? im buying a pump from prodman but because our schedules conflict it will be difficult to meet so im wondering if someone can help by picking up the pump. i can meet you on the weekends at an LFS.
any help would be much appreciated and ill probably get you back later on.
id love to attend the meeting but im currently tankless so maybe the next swap ill be attending.

sorry to divert from the main topic.

bookfish
04/06/2005, 12:25 AM
I'll transport your pump.
We could meet at Aquascene.-Jim

reefer on a budget
04/06/2005, 12:29 AM
thanks jim

tropoasis
04/07/2005, 11:22 AM
Hi Everyone!!

I will be releasing the Coral availability list for Steve and I this coming Monday.

If you are interested please PM your info to me ASAP.

Thanks
Frank

See ya at the swap!!

ejamsrhere
04/07/2005, 11:41 AM
Just read your Occumpation "Mr. Interceptor"... Funny... I used my last bit of interceptor dipping some frags last night... if anyone can bring me a pill or two to the swap, PM me. Thanks!

tropoasis
04/07/2005, 11:46 AM
I will bring some to the swap...just PM if you need some

Thanks

ejamsrhere
04/07/2005, 01:16 PM
hey trop... your inbox is full...

tropoasis
04/07/2005, 01:29 PM
inbox emptied

Please PM agin

Thanks

pepe.king.prawn
04/08/2005, 01:35 AM
I'll be attending the swap and bbq. Thanks!

tropoasis
04/11/2005, 06:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

Our Coral availability list has released for the MARS trip

If you have not received it and wanted to be on the distribution, please PM me with your info

Thank you

sfsuphysics
04/11/2005, 07:03 PM
What exactly is a "Coral availability list" ?

Thales
04/11/2005, 08:27 PM
ITs the list of corals that they have available are are willing to bring with them to the swap so you can save the shipping costs!

budgetyourself
04/11/2005, 08:58 PM
"They" meaning Steve Tyree and Frank of Tropical Reef Oasis - the list is the current surplus frags of Limited Edition Corals (Steve T yree)that are available (so you don't have to wait until 2008 to recieve one) plus assorted other frags of very nice quality.

bookfish
04/11/2005, 09:51 PM
Yup, nice list, just ordered.-Jim

Apon
04/13/2005, 06:46 PM
tropoasis

I got your PM, and tried to respond but your inbox is full. I will be at the swap. Are you a small busniess? or hobbiest selling your corals? I will send you my info when your PM box has room.

crazzyreefer
04/13/2005, 07:45 PM
I see no list nor link? what corals are for sale? any pics? Prices?

teachermark
04/13/2005, 08:00 PM
pm tropoasis for the list

Apon
04/15/2005, 07:15 PM
yes I am attending - riding up with Teachermark.

sfsuphysics
04/15/2005, 07:31 PM
I'm sorry for not responding earlier, put me down for one attending, probably won't eat, so dont worry about food for lil' ol me :)

sagitariuscbc
04/18/2005, 02:54 PM
thank you to all that came out and those that were there in heart! you all made for a very enjoyable afternoon! i look foward to attending the events of the clubs in the area! i have my weekends in july set aside for bar's promise to be outstanding swap! i hope many of you will do the same! see you all soon!
take care,
shawn
public relations
mars.