PDA

View Full Version : 8 hour bug

freakyreef
03/23/2005, 12:20 AM
Can you believe it? I left this morning, no problems. I got home from work to be greeted by this on my toadstool. How in the heck could this happen that fast!

http://www.rockymountainreefclub.com/members/freakyreef/toadstool.jpg

firefighter1_emt_cop
03/23/2005, 12:57 AM
Damn Chad......what did you do? Did you let the little one in the tank with an eraser?

BTW, almost everything in the tank bleached and Ive lost quite a few corals from the incident that we found on Thursday.

freakyreef
03/23/2005, 01:05 AM
That sux! :( I guess corals never had the chance to evolve in water that contained 110 volts. When I left I was hopeing they would make it, but judgeing by how fast they were bleaching it wasn't a good sign. Did the powerhead survive or is it fried too?

Not sure what happened to the toadie??:confused: Never seen one do that before. When I first looked at it, my first thought was a nasty hitchiker. It hasnt spread any further tonight, I'll watch it and frag in the morning if I have to..:mad:

firefighter1_emt_cop
03/23/2005, 01:08 AM
Wonder if you lost a tentacle off of your hammer and it landed on it? Ive had that happen before and it looked similar.

The corals kept dumping zooxanthellae all the way through Friday night. I couldnt handle looking at the tank anymore and went to visit my parents for the weekend. When i came back on sunday everything looked horrible. Im guessing that most of the SPS wont make it.

freakyreef
03/23/2005, 01:15 AM
:( :mad: Sorry to hear that. You know where to pick up some of your frags though. Let me know what happens. Your more than welcome to what I have.
Whats up with that bracket???? defective? Cant believe it broke, thats thick acrylic. Its not the seam that let loose either right?

firefighter1_emt_cop
03/23/2005, 01:22 AM
It was the seam that broke.....shady glue job on the bracket IMO. Oh well, lesson learned.......expensive lesson learned!

freakyreef
03/23/2005, 01:27 AM
I didnt glue it, I swear!!!