PDA

View Full Version : thanks gflat

cee
03/20/2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks for stopping by our meeting of ETRC this weekend. It was nice to get some perspective on how things are done in other clubs. I'd like to set up more "collaborations" between the clubs in the future, and perhaps we can arrange a carpool to one of your meetings in the near future. I know I'd like to come, and I'm sure others would be interested as well. Do you ever have meetings on the "east side"?

Dave

gflat65
03/20/2005, 07:50 PM
I had a great time. I had a great time meeting and talking to everyone. I can put faces with a few more screen names now. Our last meeting was as far to the east side as any yet. The next is at Emerald Bay on the west side. We'd love to have you guys over. I'll be sure to PM you the next time something on the east side happens.

Thanks again for the hospitality. Your tank looks great. I'm going to get some pic resized and posted soon.

cee
03/20/2005, 08:03 PM
I'm anxious to see them. I cannot for the life of me get a decent full-tank shot which does it any justice, and hence I never post pictures. Macros I do OK at, but not the others.

Dave

gflat65
03/20/2005, 10:40 PM
The 400 in the center adds an additional blue hue to the center. Some of them came out pretty decent. That camera is not the best one for focusing. You can only do what it will let you do. I want an SLR. I should have some posted by tomorrow evening. I have a 250 DE on one side and a 175 SE on the other of my 125 (w/VHO actinic supplementation) and can't take full tank shots. Anything more than half tank shots and one side is drowned out by the other. Every once in a while by some stroke of luck, I get one that looks good.

fishdoc11
03/20/2005, 10:45 PM
We need a full tank shot!.....:)
I love the dimensions on that tank Dave.

Chris

danieljames
03/20/2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by gflat65
I want an SLR.

Hear hear!! Digi smigi. One of the rare "improvements" in technology that, to me, are not.

stevensmd
03/21/2005, 11:38 AM
gflat..thanks for making the trip to our meeting...it's nice that our clubs can intermingle..it was a pleasure meeting you.
dave s.

gflat65
03/21/2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah, it was great to get a face with the names. I had met Don, Dave, and Charles before, but only had cartoon figures and avatars for everyone else. The presentation was very useful. I am now armed with just enough information to be dangerous:). Just knwoing the terms will help in id'ing in the future. I need some more literature now. I run out of things to read at least a week out of every month. Are there any reef libraries around here?lol There is our next theme based building. An Aqua Library. You SCUBA on over to the ole card catalog and learn the Calfo-Borneman filing system:).