PDA

View Full Version : Mike Paletta Speaking TONIGHT!

Reefcherie
03/19/2005, 08:38 AM
Mike Paletta is discussing Coral Propagation and Coloration tonight at the SEABay meeting - 7pm at the Baylands Interpretive Center in Palo Alto. His presentation was well received last night at the MARS meeting, lasting ~90 minutes and full of gorgeous photos! For directions, go to www.seabay.org. As always, a raffle w/ donated frags will follow the presentation.

All are welcome; you need not be a SEABay member to attend.

Cheri

Marc Daniels
03/19/2005, 12:01 PM
Truly one of the best speakers/presentations I have had the pleasure of seeing.

orientalexpress
03/19/2005, 12:24 PM
cool,i am definitely try to make it.can't miss this.thanks cherri,lapsan

ozmonster
03/19/2005, 08:27 PM
Lap, missed you at Jame's today.

racrumrine
03/20/2005, 12:26 AM
Cheri:

Since SEABay members obviously do not use their reefcentral forum to communicate with eachother (maybe 1 message a week!). Where (ie in what forum) do they discuss what is going on with themselves and their club?

Best of luck,

Roy

Reefcherie
03/20/2005, 08:42 AM
The club board itself has a ~4hr planning meeting on the off months when it doesn't have a general meeting. We also publish a newsletter for the members and occasionally eMAIL out information.

Use of the SEABay forum among the members just hasn't caught on for some reason. The club has been active for many years and I think there are many members that aren't big forum users. I'd love to see that happen.

Cheri

orientalexpress
03/20/2005, 08:51 AM
i heard u guy was there at 9:30 am ,i didn't know that until that morning when alex toll me about it.but i did make it seabay and it was great.the mars swap is coming up,we're try to get everybody together to car pool there.LET DO some trade :D ,lapsan

Reefcherie
03/20/2005, 09:00 AM
I posted a thread here (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=554254) to organize a car pool.

Cheri

raddogz
03/20/2005, 11:09 AM
It was a great presentation. Thank you Cheri for postiing the info.

Paladin
03/20/2005, 03:18 PM
I agree--useful and interesting information. I'm glad I went.

Reefcherie
03/21/2005, 09:22 AM
We really need RC names and logos on name tags! Did I meet you guys/gals??

Cheri

johara
03/21/2005, 01:29 PM
I was there and said hi. Thanks for letting us know about it. I read the post and left 15 minutes later with my family shaking their heads. I even won something in the raffle. Was supposed to be electric green xoos but as far as I can tell it's a dead sps frag with nothing on it. Oh well, can't complain - the lecture was great.

Johara

reefkeeper1
03/21/2005, 02:45 PM
Cheri:

Since SEABay members obviously do not use their reefcentral forum to communicate with eachother (maybe 1 message a week!). Where (ie in what forum) do they discuss what is going on with themselves and their club?

Best of luck,

Roy

This has always been an interesting thing to me that the BAR forum is so active, while the SEABay forum is so quiet. I would hazard to guess that a lot of SEABay members like me use the Internet and online forums a lot for information and keeping in touch, but for some reason the BAR forum shows so much more activity. It's gotten to the point where if I want to post something local, I'll do it on BAR since I'll see a lot more responses on the BAR forum. Also, BAR shows up a lot sooner than SEABay when you scroll down the reef clubs forum list for lazy scrollers like me. That being said, being a member of SEABay over the past few years has been an invaluable experience for me and the SEABay meetings are very close to my home.

I think Paletta had some great information to share, and I liked his wry humor. I loved tellng my wife that Paletta has $15,000 of old, unused protein skimmers in his home.

Paladin
03/21/2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by reefkeeper1
Also, BAR shows up a lot sooner than SEABay when you scroll down the reef clubs forum list for lazy scrollers like me.
Just subscribe to the forum and it could show up on the top of your list when you click on "MY RC". And so if you have questions or need help on some reef issue, how do you go about finding answers? Do you just post on the BAR forum or other specialized forums in RC?

reefkeeper1
03/21/2005, 04:36 PM
Do you just post on the BAR forum or other specialized forums in RC?

It depends on the subject matter. My favorite areas are the equipment and sps forums. I rarely post on the general forum because posts tend to get lost there.