PDA

View Full Version : confused about PC actinic

stevescg
01/05/2002, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know of a report or comparison that explains the differences in power compact / compact flourescent actinic lighting
There is 03, 7200, true actinic,super actinic. Whats the difference?
I ask because I am building a combo hood, 3 - 250 iwasaki and 3 -55 watt pc actinic and am in the market for bulbs at this point

Wilafur
01/05/2002, 10:13 PM
it is my understanding that true actinics are 03.

hth

ChrisM
01/05/2002, 11:12 PM
The 7200K are blue but not actinic. The true actinic are definitely actinic. I just installed a pair, and I really like them. They aren't as blue as VHO super actinics, but they produce a nice florescence. I just bought a Caulestrea that was lime-green at the LFS, but under the PC's it's a bright neon green.

Chris

Jeremy B.
01/06/2002, 01:19 AM
Ok..........this is my understanding of the whole actinic issue......03 was/is a model number given to the URI bulbs some time ago if I'm not mistakin. Therefore "03" is nothing more than a model number. Obviously everyone likes the deep blue/purple of the vho bulb, so Panasonic started to put "03" on the base of their bulbs, along with other companies as well I'd imagine.

Also......to my knowledge there really is no EXACT color that actinic is. I believe actinic is the name given to the old fluorescent bulbs due to the deep color that it was. So in all reality a "true actinic" bulb does not exist.

I think I'm on the right track here.........can anyone else back this up?