PDA

View Full Version : Brand New JBL Chillers for sale

rendeyxu
03/12/2005, 04:36 PM
I have got 3 of them for sale, i did a group buy back then, 9 of them. i was planning to make some small money off it.

But because of the new business I am at now, I won't have any time to do these sell/trade things anymore.

320 for the 1/3 Hp, 280 for the 1/4 HP.

The inlet/outlet is 1/2 inch barb, with build in digital temp control.

it has been running at my tank, oriental express, azndragon's tank. so far so good, but i won't provide warranty for it though.

i have one 1/3 and 2 1/4.

PM me or email, price are not negotiateble.

rendeyxu
03/12/2005, 10:51 PM
sorry typo

it is a jebo chiller

DanielMar
03/12/2005, 10:57 PM
I will take the 1/3 hp. please. Sent mail

xtremereefer
03/13/2005, 12:21 AM
hey randy, please save me a 1/3 Thanks!!!
Ted

aznDragonX
03/13/2005, 03:47 AM
OMG..Rendey..you still have them.. Yes..they are pretty nice chiller and GOOD PRICE!!! heck...it does it's job to keep my tank under 81
- Jason

rendeyxu
03/13/2005, 04:03 AM
1/3 is spoken for, the 2 1/4 price reduce to 250.

I want them out of my garage by next week.

Thanks

ATB USA
03/13/2005, 04:27 AM
Hi are they jbj 1/4 chillers interested if its a jbj you said new right
thanks Vic
please pm and I can pick up tomorrow

rendeyxu
03/13/2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by rendeyxu
sorry typo

it is a jebo chiller

Coral_Geek
03/13/2005, 12:45 PM
In the past I left a "backup" chiller sitting in the garage just in case I ever had a problem (I try to think a step ahead). After 3 years my chiller went down and I went out to the garage and grabbed the brand new backup. All of the seals had dried out and there was no refidgerant left in it. It turns out that when a chiller isn't used and sits idle in a hot environment (I lived further inland back then) this can happen.

rendeyxu
03/13/2005, 04:24 PM
I am confused, what you are trying to say here, coral geek.

they are at most 10 to 12 months old

sfsuphysics
03/13/2005, 05:01 PM
I think he's just mentioning they don't have an infinite shelf life.

rendeyxu
03/13/2005, 05:53 PM
lol, nothing has an infinite life,

They are manufactored at most 1 yr, and never been used. I don't really see the point of reminding people about this in this thread

sfsuphysics
03/13/2005, 06:19 PM
Well I don't know anything about the refridgerants or seals on these things, so I'm not getting into it. But compared to say a powerhead which could sit on a shelf for a decade and still be usable. Although if the seal wore out I guess that would explain why the refrigerant evaporated. But anyways not my thread :)

Btw how many gallons do the 1/4 horsepower ones handle? And how do they work in general? Do they have pumps built in to them that cycles the water? I assume for optimal usage you'd need to have it in a cooler area? (basement perhaps??) Just wondering because most of my house would be the same temp (except the basement that is) as even outside would be hotter (since its a stairewell that's enclosed.)

DanielMar
03/13/2005, 10:19 PM
rendeyxu,

I believe I am first to ask. I would like the 1/4 hp unit . And I can pick up tonite! So, Randy what's the story?
Daniel
650 714 1947

Coral_Geek
03/13/2005, 11:26 PM
I am confused, what you are trying to say here, coral geek.

they are at most 10 to 12 months old
I am saying that I had a Custom SeaLife chiller go bad after sitting in my garage for 3 years brand new in the box. The warranty had expired and I had to eat the loss. It turns out that the seals can dry out if the device is not run and the refridgerant can leak out. I stated that this was under a specific condition, hot summers in the valley. If yours are 12 months old and have not been exposed to extreme temperatures I doubt that the circumstances are the same. Still, the buyer should be aware and informed as to what potential problems can arise in chillers.

rendeyxu
03/14/2005, 03:51 PM
I am selling my chiller, and this chiller particularly has nothing similar to your situation, you should open a new thread about this. IMO.

orientalexpress
03/14/2005, 03:55 PM
guys,this chiller is not that old,i got them about 4-5 month ago,i use both of them on my tanks,this thing save me thousands of dollar of sps during the heat wave,that pay for it self.:D .u not going find a brand new chiller anywhere close to that price.plus the compressor is make by toshiba in japan.gl,lapsan

DanielMar
03/14/2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the info. Lapsan.
Daniel

reefer on a budget
03/14/2005, 11:34 PM
I am selling my chiller, and this chiller particularly has nothing similar to your situation, you should open a new thread about this. IMO.

rendey is so heated as of late. you need a chill(er) pill.

DanielMar
03/15/2005, 12:38 AM
Hey Rendy thanks for the chiller! What a buy I recommend Rendy to sell the other ones WHAT A DEAL! No where will you find a chiller with quality like these! Btw it has Hitachi compressor Lapsan.
John,(I met you at the BAR meet) you should get one of these.
THANKS RENDY!
Daniel

orientalexpress
03/15/2005, 01:01 AM
yeah,i know it make in japan tho :D ,never had any problem yet,plus is so compact for it size .it easy to place anywhere unlike other chiller i had in the past big and loud..,gl lapsan

Bozz
03/15/2005, 01:06 AM
You have a PM

DanielMar
03/15/2005, 01:20 AM
Awesome, nice and quiet/economical too. Make sure its full of water first! And flooooowing!
Daniel

Da85CBears
03/15/2005, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Coral_Geek
I am saying that I had a Custom SeaLife chiller go bad after sitting in my garage for 3 years brand new in the box. The warranty had expired and I had to eat the loss. It turns out that the seals can dry out if the device is not run and the refridgerant can leak out. I stated that this was under a specific condition, hot summers in the valley. If yours are 12 months old and have not been exposed to extreme temperatures I doubt that the circumstances are the same. Still, the buyer should be aware and informed as to what potential problems can arise in chillers.

Well... if it use refrigerant it would not leak if they made it right and you never use it. A refrigeration system is seal so tight only taking a sharp object to it would damage the coper line and then it would leak refrigerant. All the seals around it doesnt do anything to the refrigerants. Bottom line is if a refrigeration system is made correctly, that should not have happened. If you havent thrown it away yet maybe you might want to look into getting it fix. Hell, give it to me I'll fix it.

orientalexpress
03/15/2005, 12:27 PM
u guy got it just in time,today another warm day in the city.gl lapsan

tacocat
03/15/2005, 12:39 PM
I wish I had the amperage. I'd be on that.

DanielMar
03/16/2005, 08:26 PM
You dont need much 2-3 amps for the 1/4 hp 3.6 for the 1/2

badpacket
03/16/2005, 09:41 PM
Have the forum rules changed yet again?
Rendy posted that he wanted to sell several unused chillers that have been sitting around for close to a year.
Coral_Geek tells a cautionary tale about -potential- problems that long-term unopened NIB chillers may have if exposed to high heat, as it happened to him.

I fail to see why a 'heads-up, this happened to me' sort of post would belong in another post, or be tut-tutted. I thought we were here to help each other out, not too insure someone is able to get rid of excess equipment? I would expect those chillers to be fine, however if I'd bought one and it was dead, I probably would have appreciated the information provided ahead of time. I thought that was one of the benefits of the forum. If someone had mentioned that year old NIB chillers were on sale on eBay, would anyone have chided Coral_Geek then?

FWIW, seals are a replaceable commodity, and are expected to go bad. Thats why there are entire preventative maint. schedules for them.
If you are bored:
http://www.mcnallyinstitute.com/01-html/1-04.html

orientalexpress
03/16/2005, 10:38 PM
tell me fred,why this post bother you again?:rolleyes: ,please getreal gl ,lapsan

badpacket
03/17/2005, 12:50 AM
My point was rather clear. Was there a point to yours, aside from the quaint emoticons? If you have an issue with it, why don't you just come out and say so.

orientalexpress
03/17/2005, 02:01 AM
if u can't figure it out the different between 6 month old chiller and 3 year old chiller,then u the one have issue bud.gl,lapsan

rendeyxu
03/17/2005, 03:46 AM
alright, bagel, you could shut up now.
all chillers are sold out anyway, no need to argue with ppl.

Am I staying in China for too long, I don't understand people here anymore. :)

orientalexpress
03/17/2005, 07:56 AM
YES SIRE,general MAO :p ,lapsan

badpacket
03/17/2005, 03:09 PM
OK, 'bud', thanks for 'figuring it out' for me.
Too bad you're wrong. The chillers were "10-12" months old, not 6. For someone with all the answers, I guess I have an issue with your comprehension, and/or intelligence. For someone who's only been in the hobby like 15 months, I'm as convinced of your reef knowledge as I am your spelling.
And, since this isn't a personal jab, bud, maybe this will help you out,
http://www.lingo2word.com/translatetxt.php?searcher1=lingo&tosearch1=?searcher1=lingo&tosearch1=Undrstand+txt+Msgs+,+Jst+Typ+Yr+Msg+in+d+lft+bx

Good luck.

Originally posted by orientalexpress
if u can't figure it out the different between 6 month old chiller and 3 year old chiller,then u the one have issue bud.gl,lapsan

reefer on a budget
03/17/2005, 03:42 PM
you guys are all too funny. id say take this offline and discuss at the bar meeting.

rendey,
dont worry you wont be here for long so you can be at a place where you understand everyone.:lol:

orientalexpress
03/17/2005, 04:59 PM
hey fred ,u don't have to spill out your personal problem on this site bud,you need serious help,i know i do,how about u and me go together :D ,chill out dude.if that doesn't help ,we're do the old fashion way.nothing personal,btw i speak 3 languages,how many u speak?i found this out by playing poker, i don't know if this hold true or not,the one who brag how smart they're all,mostly likely the dumbest one on the table.i don't know where you fit in.gl bud

orientalexpress
03/17/2005, 05:23 PM
hey fred,u want to check my tank out bud,not bad tho for 15 month in this hobby.it's not how long u in the hobby ,it how you use that reef knowledge,in your case not much :eek2: ,gl lapsan

orientalexpress
03/17/2005, 05:51 PM
the chiller is no more then 6 month old,i know becuase i'm the one help pick it up in november.rendey been smoking too many poppy seeds in china to remenber anything;) ,gl lapsan

rendeyxu
03/17/2005, 07:18 PM
you are playing tilted, just chill...........

aznDragonX
03/17/2005, 08:03 PM
alright, bagel, you could shut up now.
all chillers are sold out anyway, no need to argue with ppl.

Am I staying in China for too long, I don't understand people here anymore. :)
BAGEL...LOL :D :D :D :D
- Jason

reefer on a budget
03/17/2005, 10:16 PM
hey fred ,u don't have to spill out your personal problem on this site bud,you need serious help,i know i do,how about u and me go together :D ,chill out dude.if that doesn't help ,we're do the old fashion way.nothing personal,btw i speak 3 languages,how many u speak?i found this out by playing poker, i don't know if this hold true or not,the one who brag how smart they're all,mostly likely the dumbest one on the table.i don't know where you fit in.gl bud

hey lap,
you like to use the word "bud" alot and its starting to make me think that's what you have in your pipe when you logon RC. :smokin: :bum:

badpacket
03/17/2005, 11:52 PM
hey fred ,u don't have to spill out your personal problem on this site bud,you need serious help,i know i do,

I don't know about your personal problems, but jumping on someone because they tried to make a helpful point about how/why chillers can go bad, to help your friend make a sale is what I was commenting on. And, Rendy said they were 10-12 months since purchase.

how about u and me go together :D ,chill out dude.if that doesn't help ,we're do the old fashion way.nothing personal,

Old fashioned as in Sun Tzu or Miyamoto Musashi? I wouldn't get all worked up about a hobby.

btw i speak 3 languages,how many u speak?i found this out by playing poker, i don't know if this hold true or not,the one who brag how smart they're all,mostly likely the dumbest one on the table.i don't know where you fit in.gl bud

I'm sure you don't. Re-read your last paragraph and subsequent posts though, I figure you've already forgotten your poker table insight.

Have a long and interesting life 密友

rendeyxu
03/18/2005, 12:41 AM
that chinese spell wrong, FYI
you don't just do a google translation to know the language

xtremereefer
03/18/2005, 02:43 AM
LoL you guys are funny as hell!!!!!! So when is the next BAR/Frag swap meeting, I'll bring my boxing gloves. J/K Chill Lap remeber there is always a next hand! ALL IN!

tacocat
03/18/2005, 02:49 AM
Whenever lapsan posts, I have to read. I'm not sure why, but I always have to read his posts.:D

Da85CBears
03/18/2005, 05:19 AM
man maybe you guys should make some popcorn at your next BAR meeting. Over a chiller? wooooohooooo

orientalexpress
03/18/2005, 07:24 AM
I don't know about your personal problems, but jumping on someone because they tried to make a helpful point about how/why chillers can go bad, to help your friend make a sale is what I was commenting on. And, Rendy said they were 10-12 months since purchase.
show me the post that i jump on your friend coral geek
do you alway slam someone intelligence to make yourself look good?damn i'm getting too old for this ,gl lapsan

orientalexpress
03/18/2005, 12:17 PM
wow,normally i let this go,but for a guy that don't know me,call me dumb and inexperience in this hobby.i love this hobby as most of u know,i make alot friends thru this club and hobby.i just think that was uncall for .for those of you that expecting a boxing match,most unlikely ,more like wrestling match more then anything else,if that what it take to get you guys to the meeting.then IT's on.gl lapsan
ps,hey alex if want some of that i could hook u up :bum:

rye2dawg
03/18/2005, 02:12 PM
I was wondering if you still have the chillers....and also wondering where in the bay area do u live? ....

JoeMack
03/18/2005, 02:15 PM
My fishes breath smells like oysters.

sfsuphysics
03/18/2005, 03:39 PM
Stop trying to french kiss your fish Joe

rendeyxu
03/18/2005, 05:06 PM
xtremereefer you still want your chiller, i left one for you.
Limited edition! Seriously don't let me kept it for too long, otherwise the seal will break and the regant will be dried out!

Bagel let's go lucky chances tonight........

DanielMar
03/18/2005, 05:58 PM
Rendy,
PM me I will take it! That is if xtreme dont want it,
Daniel

badpacket
03/18/2005, 11:46 PM
that chinese spell wrong, FYI
you don't just do a google translation to know the language

Yeah I know, there were two of them so I did the eeny-meeny-miney-moe thing. I didn't write it right to left either.

Da85CBears
03/18/2005, 11:51 PM
xtremereefer you still want your chiller, i left one for you.
Limited edition! Seriously don't let me kept it for too long, otherwise the seal will break and the regant will be dried out!

Bagel let's go lucky chances tonight........

LOL Yea better watch the seals. Lube it up...

badpacket
03/19/2005, 12:00 AM
And then.....?
Actually, I don't believe I know Coral Geek. And the

show me the post that i jump on your friend coral geek
do you alway slam someone intelligence to make yourself look good?damn i'm getting too old for this ,gl lapsan

Actually, I don't believe I know Coral Geek. And if you were offended by the quip, then you'll just have to get used to it since you seem to prefer to be sarcastic in your responses. I asked you quite plainly what your problem was, and you replied rather sarcastically. If you want to act such, don't complain when you get the same in return.
And, you could be a rocket scientist for all I know. But you were the one bragging about your linguistic abilities and killer tank, and then regaling us with how people who brag about how smart they are usually aren't....

Your tank probably does smoke mine, but my house probably smokes your apt. :smokin:

Why don't we both just go about our disagreeable ways.

rye2dawg
03/19/2005, 02:45 AM
hey rendeyxu...im really in need of a chiller....do u still have one for purchase?....please let me know...i live in daly city..i can pick it up and pay u on the spot if possible... thanks =)

badpacket
03/19/2005, 03:16 AM
NM, found it.

orientalexpress
03/21/2005, 07:33 AM
check this guy out ,this guy got some serious issues,he's actually though i'm going to give him my address,so he's can stalking me,uh ok freddy,btw read his last post,i thought this thing is over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

badpacket wrote on 03/20/2005 07:04 PM:
You don't need to guess, you're the one talking about taking people down. Wrong guy. Give up your address.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

orientalexpress wrote on 03/19/2005 10:47 PM:
let me guess,u want to fight me now?ok anytime

quote:

badpacket wrote on 03/20/2005 04:51 AM:
I think I'm done with your repeated threats dude. Drop your address on Calf and Polk, and I'll find a convenient time to stop by. There are no rules.

:D

JoeMack
03/21/2005, 11:08 AM
Lets stop this here. More more posts, no more threats. Let this DIE

We are ****ing talking about a device that cools your tanks water!

ejamsrhere
03/21/2005, 12:17 PM
thread of the month. There. I said it.

Coral_Geek
03/21/2005, 12:31 PM
Wow! What happened here? I am on my morning prep period and stopped by to check out the forums. I don't get a lot of chances to get on line. From the first post it sounded like some new in the box chillers had been sitting idle in a garage for a long period of time and I related a story about a similar (granted not the same) situation in which I lost a substantial amount of money. It seemed appropriate and the seller gave a good accounting of his products. After that the thread turned into a morass of personal attacks and seething animosity. This is a hobby for fun. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and chill out (pardon the pun). Too often people's egos become wrapped up in their own way of doing things. Very often I see people ridiculed for such crimes as 1) having a bare bottom tank, 2) having a deep sediment bed, 3) using a particular brand of salt mix, 4) using NSW, 5) using a particular spectrum of light or type of bulb..... Get the point? This is why there is a Reef Central. So that people can exchange ideas and experiences. If someone does things differently from how you do it, it does not make their system inferior to yours. It might just work better and you might just learn something. Or you can just go meet in the O.K. Corral at high noon and settle thing like true geniuses. I don't seem to recall a single instance of Einstein or Schroedinger opening a can of whoopass on anybody to make an academic point.

bookfish
03/21/2005, 11:56 PM
Perhaps it's a bit late to ask this of the parties involved, but, as a personal favor to me, could we deescalate this and just agree to not be friends. Period?
Thx-Jim

badpacket
03/22/2005, 11:08 PM
Jim et al, orientalexpress is the one who's repeatedly been talking about fighting/boxing/wrestling across several posts.

Since we're posting PMs:

"let me guess,u want to fight me now?ok anytime

quote:
badpacket wrote on 03/20/2005 04:51 AM:
I think I'm done with your repeated threats dude. Drop your address on Calf and Polk, and I'll find a convenient time to stop by. There are no rules."

give me your address then i come down there .don't worry just show up at the meeting,u got yourself a match,i'm going to post this on bar forum .

quote:
badpacket wrote on 03/20/2005 07:04 PM:
You don't need to guess, you're the one talking about taking people down. Wrong guy. Give up your address.

I tihnk its one thing to be vocal or annoying online, its expected right?
Its quite another to publicly challenge people and start using threats.
Unless he's seriously mental, I really doubt anythings going to happen at any meeting. Legal implications for the individuals are just not worth it, nor are they for the club and its host.
Listening to jackasses is expected on the net, people are reading this, right? When you start telling strangers you want to fight them, you never know what you'll get. I've seen it, and believe it, its not hard to get a permanent injury. Threatening people is a surefire way to make that happen.

If I was really serious though, do you think I would have left written proof in his PM box? :) I should challenge OE to a hand of poker.... I don't need a can of whoopass, just a canopy.

rendeyxu
03/22/2005, 11:10 PM
lol, here we go again

mhurley
03/22/2005, 11:38 PM
:wavehand:

Probably time for everyone to calm down and stop posting threats and Private Messages.

[flamealert]

badpacket
03/22/2005, 11:43 PM
Hey, I'll have you know I resemble that remark....
And you thought the Chicago forum was tough :) We ain't fighin', we're just 2 different species of clownfish in the same bowl.

I'm disappointed too, I heard a really good 'Your Momma is so fat' joke today...

orientalexpress
03/23/2005, 02:37 AM
Why don't we both just go about our disagreeable ways.didn't u said that fred?then u pm me ,lol ok fred,i guess u right fred,i'm kinda confused or mental ,gl lapsan:rollface:

tubs
03/23/2005, 05:08 AM
fellas just chill and swap frags and be at peace :D - fighting really over nothing.

I don't think you guys are gonna get a second warning from Mhurley and certainly don't want to see any of you guys booted from RC.

bookfish
03/23/2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks for listening. I consider you both to be fine people and while I realise we all may not get along all the time, i appreciate the effort to keep it all civil.
Thx-Jim

ejamsrhere
03/23/2005, 11:40 AM
may apply...

Link removed, yes it was offensive.

I hope it's not offensive.

badpacket
03/23/2005, 03:35 PM
Why don't we both just go about our disagreeable ways.didn't u said that fred?then u pm me ,lol ok fred,i guess u right fred,i'm kinda confused or mental ,gl lapsan:rollface:

Thats because right after I posted that, I continued reading and came across your replie where you were getting all upset and mentioned me and some Alex. Sounds like we're in agreement then.

rye2dawg
03/23/2005, 04:13 PM
ejam that's **************

Please do not use creative spelling in an attempt to evade the profanity filters here. We have them in place for a reason, and it is not uncommon for people to lose their posting privileges for repeating that very offense.

ejamsrhere
03/23/2005, 04:40 PM
yea... sorry about that... cracks me up every time though.

Agu
03/23/2005, 05:41 PM
Closed, I suspect you know why.........

:rolleyes: ,

Agu