PDA

View Full Version : Clean up crew ...

capescuba
03/08/2005, 06:21 PM
Can anybody point me to a good resource for a resonably priced clean up crew? I am just looking to top up my system, so don't need a huge set.

I originally bought my stuff from reefermadness, but I don't need spend their $100 minimum.

Thanks,
Dave

BoomerD
03/08/2005, 07:46 PM
Once upon a time, you could get a great deal from Dr. Le at Aquatic Gallery if you were buying lots of cleaners. Worht investigating. Otherwise, maybe a group buy from Reeftopia. Free shipping above a certain amount, and if you are doing a group buy, they will USUALLY split the order up for you before shipping. Makes that much easier.

J58442
03/08/2005, 10:36 PM
Maine Depo now running a special you can also start hroup buy

racrumrine
03/09/2005, 01:30 AM
What sort of critters are you looking for?

Regards,

Roy

capescuba
03/09/2005, 03:17 AM
Roy,
Just looking to top up what I already have, various snails, truchus, turbo, astrea, nessarius etc plus a few more hermits maybe. I don't have any algae problems, just want to make sure I keep enough critters in there to prevent anything.

Regards,
Dave

racrumrine
03/09/2005, 03:33 AM
Lucky Goldfish in Oakland usually has Trochus. A lot of local shops usually have Astraeas and Turbos.

I got some Nassarius from Fingerwrinkles out of his breeding tanks.

If you want some Collonista snails or Asterina Starfish, I can bring them to the next swap for you.

I have never found ceriths for sale in a local LFS. I wouldn't find buying a few of them.

Best of luck,

Roy

jedininja
03/09/2005, 11:07 AM
Check with AG. Dr Le sells most of his smaller snails and hermits at a dozen for $10. And he does carry cerith snails whenever he can.