PDA

View Full Version : Strange thing

momof12
03/08/2005, 05:24 PM
I bet you all want a picture but that will have to wait till my husband is home with the camera. So lets see if I can describe this to you!

This thing is about 1 inch square. It looks like corn on the cob without the corn. It is a cream color and each "corn" spot has something (Kinda like a sponge) in it. I thought it was just an unusual piece of rock but when a crab crawled across it, it retracted in. It doesn't appear to move but I do not remember seeing that in the tank before. The rock we have was from another tank but was void of life (but the coraline algea is coming back and looking great) We picked up 3 pieces of live rock, 2 of which are small and were fiji, mostly coraline algea, and the third is bigger but also seems void of life except for coraline algea. Any ideas? I will try to get a picture later this evening.

I forgot to mention, it is on the sand bed and far from the new live rock.

rkl303
03/08/2005, 11:44 PM
Does it extend too about 1.5" at night but barely sticks out during the day. I just noticed something like that on a plug about 4 nights ago, but I think mine is kind of a pale white. It slowly retracts in once you turn on the lights?

momof12
03/09/2005, 10:02 AM
The only time it retracted was when the crab was on it. Now it is gone so I guess it moves. I haven't been able to get a picture.