PDA

View Full Version : Strange people

JsL30629
03/07/2005, 04:09 AM
Yes, you guessed it, it's someone from craigslist.

This person is trading a piece of coral that was shipped from hawaii for a laptop. Wonder what piece of coral it is...

I got a good laugh reading this (http://www.craigslist.org/eby/bar/62614943.html)

SanFranTodd
03/07/2005, 04:27 AM
lmao yeah cuz dead coral is worth its weight in gold

thereefgeek
03/07/2005, 02:40 PM
Calcium reactor media?

ejamsrhere
03/07/2005, 03:06 PM
some one please get pics... dead coral skeleton for a laptop? Anyone?

tacocat
03/07/2005, 03:07 PM
Hey, I'm being serious. Real coral reef is expensive. Even more so if my grandmother wouldn't have gone crazy.

Bamm Bamm
03/07/2005, 03:08 PM
Imported from HAWAII is ILLEGAL... I saw this on CVREEFERS>ORG as well.. I'm wondering if the well whoever the people are that police the coral reefs are going to knock on this guys grandma's door

lukasnca
03/07/2005, 06:00 PM
Some types of coral are used to make jewelry and can be pretty expensive. I'm not sure that his grandmother's coral tree is that type of coral ... Here's a link to black coral which had been harvested off of hawaii:

http://waquarium.mic.hawaii.edu/MLP/root/html/MarineLife/Invertebrates/Cnidarians/BlackCoral.html

Assuming that his/her grandmother had been in cali for a while she probably brought it in legally.

BoomerD
03/07/2005, 06:06 PM
That was my thought lucas...possibly Hawaiian black coral, and if she's had it many years, it was obtained legally. I have a hu ge piece of blue ridge coral in a box in the garage. Illegal to buy now, but I've had it for over 20 yrs, so it's perfectly legal.

SanFranTodd
03/07/2005, 06:07 PM
well that makes more sense, i was picturing bleached chunks like you can buy at fishermans wharf :D

lukasnca
03/07/2005, 06:18 PM
When I saw it initially that was what I was thinking bleached coral as well but then got to thinking :)

Anyway who knows ... he has another weird post where he wants to trade $3000 in baseball cards for a PII/PIII laptop. Why doesn't he just sell this stuff and then go buy a laptop? :)

Sounds fishy to me ...

JoeMack
03/07/2005, 06:30 PM
No I want a laptop computer and thats all I really want!

From: "Joe Grant" <southsko@*>
To: anon-62614943@craigslist.org
Subject: **I have real CORAL REEF big pieces for lap top computer*** (fremont / union ci
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:55:40 -0800

I have a speak and spell (spelling) not math. Are you willing to do the trade?

SanFranTodd
03/07/2005, 06:41 PM
LMAO :lol:

kite
03/07/2005, 06:56 PM
why doesnt he just buy a laptop for like 999.99 thats preety cheap

ejamsrhere
03/07/2005, 07:18 PM
speak and spells rocked hard - http://www.speaknspell.co.uk/

JsL30629
03/07/2005, 10:55 PM
I told him that dead coral pieces aren't worth that much and I got this response...

"Hey buddy eat a d _ _ _ ok"

:rolleye1:

tacocat
03/07/2005, 11:08 PM
Dead Coral Pieces rule.......GOSH!

patrickb
03/08/2005, 02:40 AM
I love the fact that coral isn't even in one piece--not only is he trying to trade a most likely worthless coral but he's trying to trade a coral that's been broken into a hundred pieces.

ahhh, this is some funny $h!t--ake mushroom.
Patrick

Reefugee
03/08/2005, 04:01 AM
I have a laptop that has been broken into quite a few pieces. Wonder if he's interested in a trade. LOL

Minh

ejamsrhere
03/09/2005, 12:19 AM
"Its coral reef from hawaii and I also have some red coral it all together
weighs about 20 pounds"

Couldn't get a pic :(

Vincerama2
03/09/2005, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I wonder what I can get for my 20 year old laptop...

I highly doubt it's black coral, since black coral is not something that would last long after a hammer blow. Really, he should take it to the antiques road show...20 years makes something an antique, right?

In anycase, if someone actually trades him a laptop for it, more power to him.

Most likely when his siblings were dividing up his grandmother's will, his brother probably said "OK, so I get the laptop and you get, um, this very rare and valuable dead coral!"

Vincerama2
03/09/2005, 01:04 PM
Also, if some woman can get $64,000 for a 10 year old grilled cheese sammich, maybe he can get a laptop for his coral. Maybe it looks like Elvis.

mothra
03/09/2005, 01:25 PM
I wonder why his grandma went apey on it with a hammer. Scary...

Vincerama2
03/09/2005, 01:48 PM
The voices told her to...