PDA

View Full Version : Hiding my heater and tubes?

Teremei
03/07/2005, 01:45 AM
This is not how my aquarium is currently aquascaped. But it does show you the 3 ugly long tubes I have in my tank. I'm going to replace the magnum on the left with an aquafuge hang on refugium and keep the AC filter on the right to run carbon. I don't plan on any DIY work, I don't have a sump, I just need some advice how to hide this stuff? I'm adding 30 more pounds of live rock but where can I put my heater, and I don't like that the Aquaclear goes down 12" into my tank!

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30059209/Images/zTankOld.JPG

jokeloma
03/07/2005, 02:13 AM
As far as I know heaters shoud be mounted horizontally this should allow you to place rockwork in front of them. Be sure to leave space for water movement. What is on the other side of this wall maybe you could add a refugium and place all your heaters in there. I think Tetra makes a HOB filter that has a heating unit built inside. Look at it this way summer is coming

Teremei
03/07/2005, 02:31 AM
I'm currently talking to someone on this board about a used sump/refuge they are selling. But if that doesn't go through, I'm gonna try to find an add-on peice for my AC. Because I think the intake goes WAY too low into my aquarium.

Tetra does, and that's the first filter I bought. But my tank covers got in the way. Now that I am getting a mounted light, I might actually be able to fit a tetra. Thanks for reminding me about that. I'll have to give Tetra another try when my Sattelite comes in!

jokeloma
03/07/2005, 09:25 AM
Glad to help, I don't know about the quality or performance of the tetra but it should heat the water.