PDA

View Full Version : Need a 90 gal stand fast

alcmaeon
03/06/2005, 09:41 PM
Hey all

Well, I moved yesterday and the only fatality was the stand for my 90. The movers dropped it off the truck onto the driveway and it now flexes :rolleyes:

At 50 cents a pound for the "insurance" payout at least they broke something heavy!!!

Anyways my 90 is sitting in the garage full of liverock waitng for a stand (My fish are in the hospital tank). I know Nippon Goldfish usually has these in stock or can get me one but does anyone know who else routinly stocks 90 gal stands -it is a standard 48 inch 90 gal acrylic tanks. I prefer wood but would look at an acrylic stand if need be. I'm not handy enough to make one I trust (and my tools are still packed anyways).

I'm in Fremont now but can travel to San Jose, SF, Oakland and points in between.
Thanks!

Rich

seedub
03/06/2005, 10:03 PM
I know I'm due for a flaming, but Petco in Saratoga has some REALLY nice stands for 90s right now.

Mekong
03/07/2005, 12:20 AM
I cant belive most moveing companies only give insureance by the pound, I think all I would let them move is cinder blocks, I bet you could make money off of them dropping them!

When I move I am not letting a moving man near ANYTHING that I would care about.

GreshamH
03/07/2005, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Mekong
I cant belive most moveing companies only give insureance by the pound, I think all I would let them move is cinder blocks, I bet you could make money off of them dropping them!

When I move I am not letting a moving man near ANYTHING that I would care about.

Ought, look right there, you chipped that corner as well. Looks like you owe me for the full 2 tons ;)