PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Angel compatibility

NexDog
03/06/2005, 09:07 PM
I'm upgrading to a 50 gallon (yay!). Inhabitants will be the current Coral Beauty and Royal Gramma, the 2 clowns currently in hypo and one other. An LFS I like has a lovely Bicolor Angel that I'd like to add. He's a bit bigger than my Coral Beauty who is a pretty good citizen. I'm just wondering if anyone keeps these types of Angels together? The documentation says they can fight but I'd like to try these two together.

McBeck
03/06/2005, 10:56 PM
Even in a 50 gallon you are asking for trouble. If you must try this, rearrange your rock immediately before adding the bi-color. Immediately as in while the bi-color is floating in its bag. ;)

bkbkid
03/07/2005, 12:02 AM
I have a juvenile emperor and a flame angel in the same tank. They get along just fine. If you have a considerable amount of live rock I think you would be okay.

NexDog
03/07/2005, 12:15 AM
I'll be introducing both at the same time to the new 50g so it will be a new environment for both. Therefore I'm hoping that neither will think it's their territory.

tanker
03/07/2005, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by bkbkid
I have a juvenile emperor and a flame angel in the same tank. They get along just fine. If you have a considerable amount of live rock I think you would be okay.

Those are not both dwarf angels. :)

Reefmaniac1
03/07/2005, 04:09 AM
Most likely any fighting is going to be intraspecies, not interspecies (unless you get two that look very close...like say a Golden and a Potter's). The fighting is also going to be more of a "mating" thing. Whoever wins the dominance competition, is going to be the male and the loser will become female.

tanker
03/07/2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Reefmaniac1
The fighting is also going to be more of a "mating" thing. Whoever wins the dominance competition, is going to be the male and the loser will become female.

Unless your a maroon clown. ;)