PDA

View Full Version : hand washing - soap?

lossman
03/05/2005, 06:36 PM
I use hand lotion regularly and I am also sure my perfume gets on my hands during the day as well as other lotions etc. What kind of soap, if any, should I be using prior to servicing the tank? I know I will be using the gloves when moving rocks etc, but if just reaching in to get water for tests, siphoning water etc, I want to make sure I do not add any soap residue to the tank. How do I make sure I have very clean hands without adding any nasties to my tank? Thanks for any help. Sally

bonesnreb
03/05/2005, 06:50 PM
i use any anti bact. soap and wash my hands good before putting them in tank.. never had any problems

college429
03/05/2005, 06:54 PM
it is my understanding that ivory soap does not contain perfumes.

Scuba Oz
03/05/2005, 07:00 PM
I wash my hands and arms before I go into the tank everytime because I either have tanning lotion (blocker) on or some damn skeeter repelent, but I wash real good and rinse super well. I use dawn dish soap, gets all the nasty off, rinses well and I have never had a problem in any of the tanks I have been in. My GF does the same thing, she uses lotion all the time, she washes, rinses real well and then of course wahses and lotions up some more (women):):)

puffer21
03/05/2005, 07:29 PM
just wash your hand before you put them in the tank that is what i do

bertoni
03/05/2005, 08:11 PM
I am working hard on always using gloves when I work in the tank. To draw water for tests, I just use a measuring cup, for example, and I only do water changes once a month. It seems like a good safety measure to me.

santi
03/05/2005, 08:14 PM
i just use dish soap and then rinsed very well for about 45 second and that's it. never had any problem.

Freed
03/05/2005, 08:30 PM
I use dial soap and rinse squeaky clean.