PDA

View Full Version : Maryland/northern/VA LFS

kjguzzi
03/05/2005, 01:55 PM
Anyone have any feedback on Annandale Superpets store in Virginia?Good or bad I would like to hear it before I drive an hour to get there.Thanks in advance.Kenny

kjguzzi
03/05/2005, 05:32 PM
bump

Guag
03/06/2005, 01:57 AM
I don't know that store. You might check www.cmas-md.org for more local info.
However, I live in Crofton and now do most of my business with Dr. Mac (www.drmaccorals.com). It's an hour and 45 minute drive, but well worth it. I didn't expect to go out there more than once, but his service, selection, and quality is above and beyond anything I've found this side of the Bay Bridge.

Jounior
03/06/2005, 03:20 AM
Guag, Kjguzzi....... I live in Gaithersburg.... I have found a couple of good places. I do know that i wouldnt do business with superpets however. JMO. But House of Tropicals in Glen Burnie, Congressional Aquarium in rockville, are very nice places, but if you are considering Dr. Mac (Pacific East Aquaculture) I reccomend him HIGHLY. He is awsome and is just a good guy in general from my experaince. I agree with Guag... WELL WORTH THE DRIVE TO SALSBURY. And a nice drive at that after you get over the bridge. If you guys need anything feel free to PM me. I havent lived in this area all that long but I may be able to help out. Or email me as well.
Later

kjguzzi
03/06/2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks for all the great info.looks like I need to take a trip to Salisbury very soon.Thanks again.Kenny

magnetic1
03/06/2005, 01:40 PM
This link may help you as well...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=541087

Been to Dr. Mac a few times... great place.

Stevan
03/06/2005, 02:27 PM
It's an unusual store, it's not just a LFS...Equiptment is very well priced, especially tanks. Fish are OK, No corals etc.

So it depends on what you want.

If you go you can also drive a bit more and go to Marine Scene in Reston...It's the exact opposite of Super Petz.

Jounior
03/07/2005, 12:53 AM
roozens huh?........ I will have to check it out for sure now that I visited the website.......... Have to wait till thursday or hell maybe tomorrow........ who knows?

reef fanatic
03/07/2005, 01:13 AM
KJGUZZI,
I agree with most in here too. I used to go to Superpetz too and quit going there a couple of months ago when I felt like they didnt appreciate me as a customer. I asked the price of a coral and they told me to check back tommorrow when someone else was in who knew the price. I explained I was 30 miles away and was not able to just "stop" by tommorrow. I finally asked the "mgr." after 3 people later and she seemed like selling fish/corals was a waste of her time, so I left and have not returned. They only have/had 3 tanks of corals and 1 was "display only" . The other two looked to be infested with aiptasia or bryopsis of some sort. Now if freshwater is your thing, they have a ton of FW tanks. HTH