PDA

View Full Version : Green Star Poly/Flow Question?

WantaBeReefer
03/05/2005, 12:58 PM
I have a greeen star poly that I newly added. My candy canes, zoa's, and open brain are doing great, but the GSP look to be unhappy and a few of the polyps have dissappeared. I suspect that I had it in arear that did not have enough flow. I placed it in an extrmeley high flow area. The polyps are open, but bent over like a small tree in a hurricaine. They seem to be happier though, will this be okay for them to sit in for a while?

mmancuso13
03/05/2005, 01:08 PM
I thought polyps liked medium or low flow and medium to low light? Too much flow? Too much light?

phenom5
03/05/2005, 01:22 PM
I thought polyps liked medium or low flow and medium to low light? Too much flow? Too much light?

nah, GSP love lots of flow and light. they'll be fine.

Avi
03/05/2005, 01:23 PM
The nicest star polyps I've seen were in a high flow area and just as you describe, bent over like it were in a gale force wind. The "tentacles" extended longer that way and they got intensely green. I can't imagine that it's bad for them if they appear so well in those conditions.

MarksReef
03/05/2005, 01:31 PM
You just described my stars to a T. There is a wait list for mine at the L.F.S., where I trade them in, because they are so neon green.
Not a great pic. but....
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/3265/9641Img_1625.jpg