PDA

View Full Version : how cute/question

onecrzyboi4u
03/05/2005, 12:37 PM
i just seem my tomate clown try hostin in a bubble coral.. the bubbles were all blowed up and when the clown try host in them they shrunk up.. lol.. it was cute.. i guess i gotta get them a anemone.. but anyone who has corals.. how do you prevent the anemone from movin and killin ur corals.. thats what i'm scared of.. cos i plan on gettin more corals soon. or would i be better off gettin a xenia?

Jeremy Blaze
03/05/2005, 12:40 PM
Most anemones that clowns will host in, do ot move around much. They may move around a lot for a week or so, till they find a place which suits them, then stay put. I have never had an anemone kill a coral.

onecrzyboi4u
03/05/2005, 12:57 PM
ok..so i should have gotten my anemone first to let him choose his spot then put my other corals around it.. hmm..

The Punisher
03/05/2005, 01:43 PM
That's what most people would recommend, but if you have one that is staying put you should be good.

tonym10
03/05/2005, 01:50 PM
I have an rbta that stayed in the same spot for 1 year, then it decided to move after 1 year, not good. It kept moving for one week, then it got attached to a rock that I could move, I moved it next to its original location where the rbta stayed for 1 year and it has reatached itself to its original location and seems to be happy there again. I guess it wanted to see what things were like elsewhere and found out the grass wasnt greener.

onecrzyboi4u
03/05/2005, 02:46 PM
oh ok.. my bubble coral is huge.. i guess it looked good to my clowns cos there both trying to host in it..

Jeremy Blaze
03/05/2005, 03:49 PM
I would try a bulb or a long tentacle. The latter prefers its foot in the sand, so maybe it would not roam around as much. If your clows keep hosting in the bubble coral, it will likely die. It will likely keeps its polyps retracted from the constant irritation of the clowns and will not last long in this state.