PDA

View Full Version : Since there really were any detailed instruction on trapping shrimps

waypoint
03/05/2005, 02:16 AM
For the past two nights, I have had two bottle traps in the tank baited with a small pieces of fresh shrimp. the first day I did not take them out until the next afternoon. OH MY GOD did they stink. Of course I did not catch any camel shrimps but had a repeat offender from my cleaners. That night, I rebaited with fresh shrimp and in the morning exchanged for new bait. When I got home on that evening, I realize this is not going to catch those camels. Long story short, I removed the camels by removing the rock. My problem is, for the past two days, I feel like I kinda kick started the cycle process again with the bait. I did a 6 gal water change and tested tonight and noticed my ammonia was at .1ppm instead of 0ppm. Nitrite was at .2ppm instead of .1ppm. Nitrate remained unchanged at 5ppm. Temp was 79.1 deg F. SG was 1.024 and salinity was 32. Should I wait again before adding snails? or can I get the snails tomorrow?

tanker
03/05/2005, 02:18 AM
I would wait.