PDA

View Full Version : new ro\di

chrismunn
03/04/2005, 08:10 PM
i just got a new ro\di unit and hooked it up. ive been running it for about 2 hours now and all im getting is about 1 gallon per hour.... now its a 80 gallon per day unit, and 1 gallon an hour is only 12 gallons per day, right? or is a day 24 hours? in which case, its still not running at 80 gallons per day... is there a break in period for these things or what? i ran i for 30 minutes like the instructions said, and i have the 4 parts waste water x 1 part pure water ratio going, and im running it at 42 psi. but why am i not getting the proper gpd rating? i paid for 80 gpd, why am i only getting 1 gph? everything is hooked up properly, im sure of it....got any suggestions or know how? BTW, its a SPECTRA PURE:confused:

bertoni
03/04/2005, 09:30 PM
You might have a line pressure problem. My 35gpd unit never made it to 35gpd, either. The rating is really best case, which we seldom achieve. I'd contact Spectrapure for some help. 24gpd seems rather low, although I think 42psi is lower than the recommended pressure.

CrackerFish
03/04/2005, 09:49 PM
My Kent RO unit said the the membrane would take a min of 24 hours to 'saturate' and acheive full production. It was very slow at first. But now it works pretty good.

Tom

sarduci
03/04/2005, 09:58 PM
Water preasure, hardness, tempature and if it's a 3, 4 or 5 stage make all of the difference. I know I have a preasure issue and a temp issue (just bought a preasure gauge so i'm not sure on that yet but I know my water temp was 55deg F today out of the cold water line.

DO NOT HOOK YOUR RO/DI INTO YOUR HOT WATER!

Having said that, from your pipe run 30' of 1/4" tubing into a bucket of water with a heater set to about 75-80deg. THe water will heat up in the tubing before feeding into your RO/DI system. Mine is just too dang cold to bother with that.

ronkent
03/15/2005, 09:34 PM
hey sarduci...does our water here in WI rise much during summer? Mine is at around 55 degrees too. my 50 gpd(with booster) puts out 20-25 a day at the cold temp...hopin it picks up when we warm up.

der_wille_zur_macht
03/15/2005, 09:42 PM
I bet most people without booster pumps or a source of room temp. water get half their unit's capacity, at best.