PDA

View Full Version : protein skimmer looks like??????

woninil
03/04/2005, 07:33 PM
I received my orbit lights and remoraC hangon skimmer with maxijet

Ive never seen a PS on an aquarium. How does the powerhead attach to the rest of the unit. Am I using the suction cups to attach the powerhead to the unit while the outlet aims up into the unit?

It seems incorrect but the directions have no pictures except for how to clean and the pictures on the website have no powerheads-or aquariums

bertoni
03/04/2005, 07:38 PM
I have a Mag7 with my Remora. The pump output is attached to the skimmer, and the pump just hangs on that connection. What type of pump do you have? I suspect the output should just attach to the skimmer.

woninil
03/04/2005, 08:52 PM
Its a maxijet 1200

I realized there were black [plastic clamps with the clear hose covering the tube on the bottom of the PS unit

So if I shove the outlet of the powerhead in there and tighten those two clamps, it should stay together??

This means the powerhead will be horizontal as opposed to straight up? Correct?

And the powerhead just hangs there, attached by only the outlet being rammed into a piece of tubing(seems weird when I fight to keep my regular one on with three suction cups)

bertoni
03/04/2005, 09:15 PM
That sounds correct, but I have the Mag7 version, so I can't be sure. You could give it a try.

vince R
03/04/2005, 10:30 PM
Yes. If you look at the pump it has a cap that houses the impeller, you can spin that and choose how the pump lies but it will always be horizontal. You can make it so that the "fat" side of the pump faces backwards as opposed to down. That way you see a lil less pump in your tank.

vince R
03/04/2005, 10:32 PM
Oh and yes the rest of what you asked is true also.