PDA

View Full Version : Beloved Anemone Rests Here - Survived By...

Angel*Fish
01/02/2002, 12:10 PM
Bereaved GS Maroon Clown, angry 13 year old (because I flushed the mushy glob depriving it of a proper burial), and guilty me :( - I killed it -- I was moving the rock it was on and scraped it on the jagged edge of another rock - normally I'm not that clumsy- feel terrible :( At first thought it was ok - but it went into a pretty quick decline ..
RIP
:sad2:

Theo
01/02/2002, 12:24 PM
Thats too bad. Sorry to hear it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

original-reefland
01/02/2002, 01:20 PM
How did you know it was dead and how long did you give it?

Angel*Fish
01/02/2002, 06:20 PM
Well - I have to admit a bit of unsureness as to the actual time of death.... I decided it was dead after the original gash began to get bigger & bigger and it seemed clear that it was going to keep rotting until the whole thing was one big stinky pile of mush. I guess it wasn't actually dead until after the flushing.. I don't know how you would pinpoint death on one of these creatures -- it's not like there's any brain activity or pumping heart to clarify the matter -

I guess it took about one week from time of injury to the point where I felt certain that it could not recover.. nothing like the resiliency of aptasias - those things are so tough, you could feed one to your cat, have it come up the next day in a hair ball, toss it back in the tank and it would be looking good in about 3 days:rolleyes:

Thanks for the sympathy, Theo