PDA

View Full Version : Where can i buy a grill for a fan?

SaltwaterKid
01/02/2002, 12:34 AM
I just purchased four 4 5/8" fans online and i'm installing them on the inside of my canopy. I'd like to put some type of grill on the outside of the canopy. Anybody know where i can go locally to buy some? Home Depot, Lowes, Sears Hardware?

reefskinner
01/02/2002, 02:11 AM
Try www.jameco.com I bought my fans and grills from them.

Shawn

Muttling
01/02/2002, 09:49 AM
I used 8 inch speaker covers from Radio Shack. Its one of the circular covers like you see on building PA system speakers. You have to ask for it at my Radio Shack as they keep them in the back (not enough room up in the store front).

North Bay 101
01/02/2002, 12:11 PM
I used the speaker grills also. Three days after installing the covers the temperature of the canopy went up. I realized that the covers had a fine mesh on them and that got plugged up with dust. Removed the mesh and everything is doing great. I spent $8.00 on the grills and they match my black canopy.

North Bay

Athaclena
01/02/2002, 12:25 PM
They sell guards for computer fans which work very well. You can find them in your local computer stores that deal with the more advanced computer hobbyist (read probably NOT CompUSA, but MicroCenter if you have one or a large RadioShack, especially if it is a former TechAmerica).

Online try:
www.mpja.com
1coolpc.com

MPJA cells all kinds of nifty electronics, and 1coolpc specializes in fans.

Athaclena