PDA

View Full Version : what did you do to/with your tank(s) today

GotSalt?
03/01/2005, 01:07 PM
well what did you do

i netted out my dead shrimp :(

aqua_obs
03/01/2005, 01:13 PM
Well, my shrimp stripped last night, hopefully he is okay. I netted his shell. Changed water, fed, looked them over. tried something with the webcam. Tonight I feed, change water, clean skimmer and try something else with the webcam.

Sorry about your shrimp.... I have one missing, nice fire shrimp and another pepermint shrimp... Might have gotten eaten..

FishnWishn
03/01/2005, 01:31 PM
Finished cleaning up the 90 I bought from SeaMatt Nemotocyts. Looks great!!! Thanks again Matt for the great deal!!!! Starting in on the closed loop plumbing. Finish putting the livestock and LR from 2-40 gal. in temp tanks. and move the 40 Gal. setups to the garage. Busy day today. even busier tomorrow. Get to move and set up the 90.

winnie83
03/01/2005, 01:39 PM
Scraped algae and emptied the skimmer

WifesaysImnuts
03/01/2005, 01:40 PM
I started a kalk drip before leaving for work this morning. This afternoon I'll add my two part, top off, feed the fish and maybe pick out some valonia that's popped up over the last couple of weeks.

goavs21
03/01/2005, 01:53 PM
Still trying to dial in the return on my newly setup 58... running ~ 1800 gph -split- through a SCWD & an eductor. Bumped up my heater a couple degrees, attempting to hit 79-80, after picking up a titanium don't think I'll ever use a glass one again.

Contemplating using both of my DEs over a three foot tank or just one....

Any thoughts?

- Joe

calvin415
03/01/2005, 02:24 PM
Spilt up my ric rock on Saturday night, and topped off with 2 gallons RO.
Fed the fish and target fed the clams and corals Sunday night and topped off with 2 gallons RO.
Last night took apart and cleaned the skimmer and topped off with 2 gallons RO.
Tonight meeting with Paul to trade some ric's and will top off with 2 gallons RO. :)

FishnWishn
03/01/2005, 02:36 PM
150W/250W ?If you have alot of sps I would run both. That pump is topping the scwd's limits isn't it? I thought a SCWD's max is 1400-1500 gph ? Let me know how this turns out. I am starting on my closed loop with 1500 gph split into 2 SCWD's with pump mounted at tank level (0 head). Now I'm thinking bump my pump up to a 2000+ gph.

karid
03/01/2005, 02:47 PM
this morning, I:
-righted our candy cane coral that fell over,
-fed the fish,
-saw a hermit crab molt (decided it was a molt and left it there),
-checked out our pregnant cleaner shrimp to see if they layed the eggs yet,
-sucked out two floating mushrooms (I don't want a new mushroom colony),
-frustratingly found two aiptaisas. Will have to do something about them...
-sat in front of the tank for half an hour just staring at it watching the fish swim around.

goavs21
03/01/2005, 02:49 PM
250s going SPS only.

The return is split before the SCWD, then two U tubes in each back corner (from the SCWD), the other side of the split is the eductor.

You could easily run a 2K gph pump into 2 SCWDs. You're welcome to check out my system when you are in the area.

FishnWishn
03/01/2005, 03:01 PM
Now that sound feasable but canyou regulate how much is going to the scwd and how much to the eductor? or does it matter? I might change pumps but I have these brand new pumps and finally found a use for them. I actually have a second 1500 gph pump for my return. I may stop by.... when all the work is done.

s0|
03/01/2005, 03:03 PM
I should be picking up my 75 right now...

goavs21
03/01/2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah I plumbed ball valves on both sides, so I'm able to control amount of flow to either the eductor or the SCWD. It does matter in my case, as I've only got 2 X 1" drains. In order for them to keep up I've got to throttle both returns back a little.

What kind of pumps are you using?

Majorwld3
03/01/2005, 04:39 PM
I looked in vain for some new soft frags that broke lose from their morings. Fed the fish. Wondered what was wrong with the flow in my nano. Wondered why the frogspawn is not happy. Wondered why the kenya tree is so damn happy. Wondered about the bizare colors and pockets in my sand bed. Wondered if that was why the sand sifting star in not in the sand but on the glass.
Lane

FishnWishn
03/01/2005, 04:40 PM
Iv'e got 2 Iwaki 70's and 2 quiet one 6000's just itchin' to go to work. I originally got them to run my 200 gal. but that's not going to be any time soon. Thinking of doing a sequence on it anyway.
Good luck with dailing in your returns Joe, My tanks are cleaned and I am off to pick up my kids at school and taxi them to their afternoon sports activities.

goavs21
03/01/2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks, just hope I don't create a huge sand storm.

Coupla nice pumps you've got sitting there. Buddy of mine from back home picked up a big sequence to run his 210, will let ya know how it works.

scuba cam
03/01/2005, 05:26 PM
I put a grip of base rock in my reef to see how long it will take to come back to life

burkleman
03/01/2005, 05:58 PM
I fed the fish, and looked at them for awhile. And and now going to travel to fish ect. and quality aqua to see if i can spend money that I don't need to spend on some corals.

JEMichael IV
03/01/2005, 06:23 PM
Nothing.. I still havent even seen it.. :D

GotSalt?
03/01/2005, 06:33 PM
well im just watching it now

LazyK
03/02/2005, 12:06 AM
Fed the fish. Topped off with RO, cleaned the glass while cussing the fact that my monti's and slimer have grown too close to the front glass making it a pain in the *** to clean. I need to get my new monster up and running so they have room to spread out.

firefighter1_emt_cop
03/02/2005, 12:11 AM
Didnt do a thing to the tank.....hardly ever do. Automation is pretty sweet :D

LazyK.....I told you how to solve your problem with the 360 when we were at Dels.....Sell it to me ;)

reefnewbee
03/02/2005, 12:14 AM
I just watched the sod grow for a bit, and finally put on paper what I feel I need for a clean up crew...

burkleman
03/02/2005, 12:32 AM
Ok after going to fish ect. and reef'n pond I put my new 6line wrasse and new awsome looking torch into my tank and then watched the new wrasse swim around a bit.

Skatereef
03/02/2005, 08:38 AM
I fragged coarls.

GotSalt?
03/02/2005, 08:59 AM
well with my bubble alge and inverts i will not be turning the lights on

Generic
03/02/2005, 10:20 AM
Lets see, this will cover since this weekend on the 40G:
Had 2 shrimp, and an emeral crab molt
Found my torn apart anenome crab (unsure who did this)
Sunday:
Drained the tank about 1/8th of the way. Plugged up the closed loop, and pulled the main drain. I had to silicone the top of the tank due to a small leak. I had to pull the closed loop to clean the SWCD (it had stopped) and to plug another leak.
I also glued up my drain line.
Last night I refilled the tank, started up the closed loop, reinstalled the drain, and checked everything over.
I feed the shrimps, and the brittle stars last night as well.
Tonight is water change, and maybe moving some more livestock.

Murdock