PDA

View Full Version : Adhere?

der Riff-Konig
02/26/2005, 12:35 PM
Does anyone have a sure fire way to adhere your tank backing to the tank? In the past I have used, Soapy water, KY Jelly, Cooking oil. Eventually the little pockets start to show up. I do not want to make it permenant. IDEAS!

aquaman67
02/26/2005, 01:28 PM
I just use clear packing tape on the corners. Wrap it around the edge and cut the tape where the seam of the glass panes meet and you won't notice the edge of the tape at all, it blends into the glass seam.........

arnjer
02/26/2005, 02:06 PM
I just use latex paint and don't have any probs with that. I went to Home Depot and got some paint chips and laid them on the floor and turned on one of the halides let it run a few minutes and picked the chip that looked the best under the light. After I got the tank I painted it and filled it with water and fired the lights up and all it good.

Jerry

Nuhtty
02/26/2005, 05:12 PM
Black electrical tape

der Riff-Konig
02/26/2005, 06:04 PM
I know you can just tape the edges to the tank. But you don't get the bright blue color up against the glass. The plastic roll types and Mylars are made to be attached to the whole surface of the glass. Most folks, and even the instructions say to use soapy water. However air pockets usually form after time. I have seen some attached tightly even after years but I don't know what the secret is.

So again, does anyone have a secret on how they get the sheet backgrounds to stay completely sucked up to the glass?

joedirt
02/26/2005, 06:33 PM
I havent ried this but I would check out a vinyl lettering hop and see how much the vinyl they use to make windshield stickers and stuff would be. That stuff stays on in all kinds of weather so I would assume you wouldn't have to worry about it on a tank.

dew9000
02/26/2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
I havent ried this but I would check out a vinyl lettering hop and see how much the vinyl they use to make windshield stickers and stuff would be. That stuff stays on in all kinds of weather so I would assume you wouldn't have to worry about it on a tank.

Exactly what i was thinking

der Riff-Konig
02/26/2005, 08:01 PM
Excellent idea. In fact Had I not already purchased the Mylar I would have just bought a sheet of the lettering material in my desired color. Thanks