PDA

View Full Version : Corallimorph

dwdenny
02/25/2005, 05:13 PM
I am planning a mushroom, rhodactis, and ricordea only tank and I was wondering about the turnover rate. I was thinging of around 20X. Is that too much? I was thinking of plumbing a loop to keep powerheads out of the tank as well, but with only 920gph that would be but such a slow flow out of a typical manifold. Should I target a certain amount out of each tee say 300gph per nozzle and go with a pump that pushes 1800gph or should I just consider the total turnover and go with a pump that has 920gph with two out lets like Melves closed loop page. It will be drilled so no over the top for the intake. Whick bring me to my last question what sized bulkhead to use to accomplish this. hank for your time and patience with me.:D

Doug

dwdenny
02/25/2005, 07:08 PM
I forgot to put that the tank is a 46 gallon Bowfront that is 36.5"X16.5"X21" It will have a 5"DSB as well.

MCsaxmaster
02/25/2005, 10:40 PM
I think most any of what you're proposing should work fine. With any waterflow device, you'll have some areas that are stronger and others that are weaker. You'll have to experiment a bit to see what seems reasonable.

Best,

-Chris

dwdenny
02/28/2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks that is what I was thinking but I was worries that I might have a little to much flow with 300gph per nozzle. I don't want to create a sand storm or anything.