PDA

View Full Version : Pulsing Xenia isn't pulsing

autofish
02/25/2005, 02:07 PM
I got a bunch of Xenia from a friend. It was pulsing like mad in his tank, pulsed in the bag all the way home, and pulsed wildly it's first day in my tank. Then it quit. That was a week ago.

It still looks very happy and healthy. It extends out when the light comes on and retracts back at night. I've placed it up high, about a foot from the lighting, as I only have 96 watts of 50/50 PCs on there. Water params are 1.025sg, 80 degrees, ammonia/nitrate/nitrite all 0. No other corals, the Xenia is my first.

Any thoughts?

O'Coralman
02/25/2005, 02:11 PM
autofish...xenia is famous for that. May strart back up my not. It not an indicator of health....necessarilly. What kind it it. Brown or other? My blue shuts on and off..........all the while it grows.

steve

Carl_in_Florida
02/25/2005, 02:13 PM
Do not worry. These things are hard to kill. Give them a little time and you will post a thread that says,

"Help! How do I keep xania from taking over my tank!"

carl

autofish
02/25/2005, 02:17 PM
The stalks & insides of the tips are brown, but the outside tips are a blue-green color.

"Help! How do I keep xania from taking over my tank!"
LOL - That's what I've heard. However, being new to keeping anything other than fish, I'm in that phase where things that grow like mad and are impossible to kill are exciting. The guy who gave these to me just reached in and pulled them off his rock without problems, so I figure when they take over I can do the same. Maybe I'll regret this some day, but for now I'm excited about it growing and expanding. :)

Carl_in_Florida
02/25/2005, 02:29 PM
Don't get me wrong, I have xenia. I fut try to keep it from spreading to much. The good thing about it is you always have something to swap.

good luck

Carl