PDA

View Full Version : looking for a Diadema savignyi

Joe Masyga
02/24/2005, 11:45 AM
Has anyone see a Diadema savignyi locally here is a pic of what it looks like this is for my Banggai cardinals. I set up a species only tank and this is the kind of urchin that is found with them.
http://www.edge-of-reef.com/echinoidi/ECHdiadema-savignyi1.jpg
this picture was taken from www.edge-of-reef.com

Joe Masyga
02/24/2005, 05:14 PM
Wow been viewed over 40 times and nothing :( maybe I'm getting ahead of my self looking for one locally. How about has anyone seen this urchin anywhere?

FishnWishn
02/24/2005, 05:28 PM
Yale had one awhile back but I haven;t seen it lately but then again it was always in a cave of rocks. I think I have seen parts of one in a tank at Todd's.HTH

Joe Masyga
02/24/2005, 05:48 PM
It’s good to hear that there is at least evidence these are available every online retailer that has this name listed has a Pic of Diadema setosum ( the black long spine)

bobioden
02/24/2005, 06:35 PM
I have never seen one locally (or anywhere for that matter), but they look cool to me. Good luck on your search.

:cool:

Bob

jonthefb
02/24/2005, 09:39 PM
yeah its tough as a retail shop to A. try to get ahold of one of those, and B. To get a wholesaler who knows what one of those is!
good luck
jon

Joe Masyga
02/25/2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the insight I will keep looking awhile longer. If any of LFS that visits these boards happens to come across one or two and they don’t cost a small fortune please let me know. But I probably will have to settle for the black long spine.