PDA

View Full Version : Custom carpentry?

SaltFishMD
02/23/2005, 07:23 PM
Can you guys refer me to a carpenter in the Riverside area? I've been looking and although there are plenty in the phone book, I'd rather go with someone that I can get input about. It's actually a fairly simple project, building a couple speaker boxes. I just want them to be furniture quality. It's an equilateral triangule design, which is a little beyond what I'm capable of doing myself.

Tigahboy
02/23/2005, 08:11 PM
socalcreations.com - in pomona. they do custom furniture too.

flat broke
02/24/2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by SaltFishMD
Can you guys refer me to a carpenter in the Riverside area? I've been looking and although there are plenty in the phone book, I'd rather go with someone that I can get input about. It's actually a fairly simple project, building a couple speaker boxes. I just want them to be furniture quality. It's an equilateral triangule design, which is a little beyond what I'm capable of doing myself.

Equalaterals are pretty easy... 60* per angle... Don't sell yourself short. If you are worried about figuring out the airspace properly, just do a google for some volume equations and you'd be styled. Out of curiosity, are these for a boat, car, home?

As far as people that you could get a referral on, SocalCreations has a nice site with some of their finished work and their somewhat close to you. If you want, I can get you the name of a guy that would do them for you here in Long Beach, but it's a bit of a drive for some enclosures. PM me if you need that contact info.

Chris