PDA

View Full Version : Frogspawn / Zooanthids Good neighbors?

jasper24
02/23/2005, 02:39 PM
I just purchased a Frogspawn from the LFS. It is sitting about 3 inches from a colony of Zoas. Will they get along?

AJP
02/23/2005, 02:42 PM
I have no first hand knowledge but i bought a huge rock of zoo's from a local reefer and he had frogspawn right next to it, about 2 inches away. Both looked very good. But again I have no first hand knowledge.

bkiba
02/23/2005, 02:42 PM
it is hit or miss. If there are any fights though the frogspawn will destroy and zoos it contacts with sweepers etc. If this is a low flow area the frog will have shorter sweepers, and if it is high flow the sweepers will be longer, hence more chance of hitting zoos. I've had a hammer for about 2 or 3 months now and never seen any sweepers. I spot feed it every now and then so maybe it just isn't hungry, you may try that. But in general I wouldn't recommend it as the LPS like these tend to be more on the aggressive side.

KatBri
02/23/2005, 04:07 PM
In general, LPS (like frogspawn, hammer, torch, galaxia) are very aggressive toward other corals. However, with that said, as long as there is enough room between the aggressive coral and other there shouldn't be a problem. If you happen to notice them getting close to each other just try to readjust.

Personally, I think both are a good coral to have. Very pretty.