PDA

View Full Version : Zooplankton

pennrj430
02/21/2005, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone, I am under the impression that corals mostly feed on Zooplankton, and Not Phytoplankton. Am I right? If so, what is a good Zooplankton brand food to feed, if I decide to feed my corals? I've seen MarineSnow, and Liquid Life with Cyclopeeze. Do these have Zooplankton in them? Would this be beter then DT's (which I don't think any of my corals ate, and just turned my tank into a green algae zoo)? I also tried Eric Bornmans (who I do have a lot of respect for) recipie, but I just ended up with a bunch of fish chunks floating around in my tank. Should I go about this in a different way? Thanks for clearing this up for me.
Ryan

JENnKerry
02/21/2005, 06:26 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, and I very well could be, I always thought that Zooplankton was the plankton that the Phytoplankton feeds on. I would use the Liquid Life. That stuff is great!

pennrj430
02/21/2005, 07:29 PM
JENnKerry, you have been in the hobby longer then I have, and have more experience then me, so I hate to protest, but I think it might be the other way around.. Phytoplankton is a plant form of plankton, and Zooplankton is an animal form of plankton. And I'm pretty sure that the Zooplankton feeds on the Phytoplankton.

atreis
02/21/2005, 07:45 PM
Yep... Zoo - animals... Phyto - plants...

JENnKerry
02/21/2005, 08:03 PM
I stand corrected. See that? You learn something new everyday.