PDA

View Full Version : Mazatlan vacation

aztecdreams
02/17/2005, 08:11 PM
I have decided to go to Mazatlan for vacation in July.Problem is the wife and kids want to go with me. Any suggestions on places to stay , things to do? Ill b there about a week visitin family and such but also doin the usual tourist thing with the tribe. Kids are ages 14,10,9,and 6 , so they wont b goin on any dive trips.I will b gettin away for one day for just me and the wife , so maybe snorkelin can b crammed in .Never done it so i have no clue on what i need to do.

ktani
02/17/2005, 10:13 PM
Hi Ric,

I was just there last August and have a bunch of material you are more than welcome to borrow. There is lots to do and see. I personally enjoyed walking down the Malacon and the fishing is good too. Not quite as good as Cabo, but still quite nice.

The snorkeling is ok, but nothing like the other side of the Bay (East Cape or farther east to Cozumel). There is a day trip to Deer Island that can be fun

There are a ton of places to stay, it really depends on what flavor and how many stars you want. I can show you some of the material at the Anthony Calfo meeting.

Kip

stugray
02/17/2005, 10:22 PM
The 14 yr old could do the Parasailing ride. Thats very cool for a teenager. Also there's the amphibi-car ride out to the island, bring along a picnic basket , and instant half day getaway. Of course you have to visit Senior Frogs. Just dont ask for any worchestershire or A1. That's the best way to get the cook to personally visit your table to ask what's wrong with the steak...

Stu

aztecdreams
03/06/2005, 03:50 PM
okay Ive been lookin at stayin at Costa de Ora hotel, but im goin kind of crazy comparin rates with expedia , orbitz, and travelocity. So far it looks like expedia is the best offer.Anyone else have some other ideas?