PDA

View Full Version : Aquascaping Question

Rdr4evr69
02/17/2005, 07:10 PM
I have a 75G now and am upgrading to a 90 RR, and I was wondering what you all are doing for aquascaping....Do you put rocks against back glass or building mounds in the middle of the tank??? I have mine now about 3 inches off the back glass now and cannot decide which way to do it in the new tank.....looking for pros and cons here...and what you all are doing.....Thanks for the help!!
S....

Rock Anemone
02/17/2005, 07:20 PM
I personally don't like the "wall" look in a reef tank. In my 75 gallon reef tank, I created two rock piles at each end (with room on the sides) and created a large channel inbetween. Just make sure that you can allow the water to flow all around the rockwork.

You can come up with some pretty unique aquascaping by creating overhangs, tunnels and bridges. Some people even build support structures with PVC piping for extra support. Jus make sure everything is secure and safe.

Rock Anemone:D

Mr. Eko
02/17/2005, 07:25 PM
You can check out the Thread of the Month. There are some pretty amazing aquascaping designs in there...you could get some good ideas from there.

Rock Anemone
02/17/2005, 07:26 PM
I agree. Also, check out www.ReefKeeping.com the RC Magazine, there are some great tanks featured there.

Rock Anemone:D

Rdr4evr69
02/17/2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks, well jsut over an hour later I made my way through all 24 pages, AWESOME tanks!!!!!!!! Im thinking leaning against the two back corners ov the tank...like 2 big piles.....i think.......well.....I dunno......This is hard!! lol