PDA

View Full Version : My Black Saddle Clowns

vance.110
02/17/2005, 10:47 AM
Does the belly of the female clown get much larger before spawning? I have found a lot of info for actual breeding pairs but I'm not so sure they are breeding yet. er belly is getting big and she's become much more agressive but I havn' noticed a dance of anykind or a nest cleaning???
Thanks,
Bill

ezhoops
02/18/2005, 03:43 AM
I've also got a pair of Black saddles and I thought my female was full of eggs because of her huge belly but, no. She was just plain fat. You'll find or already know that black saddles will eat endlessly. I have also noticed that my female which is a nice size about 3" 1/2 - 4" is very aggressive, she has killed all of the other fish I've placed or that have been in their tank. Mine will rarely showing submissive behavior to each other and don't even really hang out together. From what I've heard and read, black saddles have never been bred in captivity. So good luck and keep the dream alive.

Atticus
02/18/2005, 10:03 AM
They have been bred in captivity, but it was a limited incident in a 150 gallon setup. I believe there were only a few recorded spawns, and no viable fry. My pair are very tight and the male only leaves the female when she chases him... :D

ezhoops
02/19/2005, 12:04 AM
just saw at the LFS a the result of a black and an orange saddle back spawn. it was a great looking black saddle back with a bright orange belly. Anyone ever seen these before?

KING OF THE REEF
02/19/2005, 02:19 AM
ne pics?????