PDA

View Full Version : Hawaiian Fish Order

jjensen6823
02/08/2005, 12:11 AM
I am planning to place an order with a diver in Hawaii tomorrow, and since I am going to be paying through the nose for shipping anyway, I wondered if anyone else might want a few fish. If I had these fish available here in Cuyahoga falls, would anyone be interested?

Flame angel--$40
Potters Angel--$30
Auriga Butterfly--$18
Racoon Butterfly--$20
Longnose Butterfly--$20
Christmas Wrasse--$20
Four Line Wrasse--$25
Flame Wrasse--$40
White Spotted Sharpnose Puffer--$10
Bicolor Anthias--$20
Lawnmower Blenny--$10

If you would be, please let me know right away so I can judge how much extra, if anything, to order.

Jim Jensen
pastor_jim@sbcglobal.net

jjensen6823
02/08/2005, 08:01 AM
I thought I'd list a few more of the fish I can get. I don't plan on ordering any of these unless someone actually wants one:

Goldflake Angel--$225
Fisher's Angel--$20
Red Coris Wrasse--$20
Elegant Coris Wrasse--$20
Yellow Tang--$15
Hawaiian Feather Duster--$9
Male Bluethroat Triggers--$40
Female Bluethroat Triggers--$20
Arc Eye Hawkfish--$10

sde219
02/08/2005, 10:40 PM
Fair warning, those prices seem a little high. I know you are just quoting the prices you can get but without a arrive/stay alive promise, I would be wary. I think I've got a diver list here for a guy in Hawaii that is quite a bit cheaper. The tang, flame angel, and blenny prices are the ones I know are significantly different but I figured I should give you a heads up.

jjensen6823
02/09/2005, 06:55 AM
sde219:

Thanks for the warning. I don't know how much cheaper the prices from your diver are, but mine are a little cheaper than what I posted. I factored in a little extra to cover the box and shipping charges, which look to come to almost $150, and some losses. I was just trying to offer folks a chance to get a couple fish without paying all that extra stuff. Ordering one or two fish just isn't economical! And I know the prices I quoted are cheaper than any of the online retailers, who charge shipping, too, and a LOT cheaper than any local store I can find. But no one seems to be interested. So I'll just order what I need for myself. Thanks, though.

Lincutis
02/09/2005, 07:28 AM
If there are any other tangs that he would get for you I would be interested.

jjensen6823
02/09/2005, 03:17 PM
He has a few other tangs (or did Monday), including some Achilles and some Orange Shoulders, which I won't even order unless someone who knows what they are getting into REALLY wants one, and one Naso, which I was thinking of buying, but I don't think I am going to, and some Lavendar Forktails. There are a few other tangs on the order sheet as "regulars" that he apparently didn't have in stock at the time. But since it is already Wednesday, I probably won't end up ordering now until next week or the week after. Here's a list of the other tangs on his order sheet:

Naso (not sure how big)--$20
Naso w/streamers (if he can get one)--$50
Sailfin--$25 (not a very good price, I realize)
Kole--$15
Lavendar forktail--$12

SUMMERS
02/09/2005, 03:30 PM
Did the order you placed before come in?

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4029187#post4029187

How did the fish look?

jjensen6823
02/09/2005, 04:26 PM
No, by the time I gave up waiting for any other buyers and placed the order with him, he was out of stock on almost everything. I didn't realize he usually sells his entire stock of several hundred fish in just a couple of days, and doesn't get more until his next dive, which, as he is a full time student at the university, sometimes takes a week. I was rushing to order this week because he got 7 goldflakes in from Christmas Island, but I've decided against getting a goldflake for my reef. I am going to get a pair of zebra angels instead.

SUMMERS
02/09/2005, 05:11 PM
Ok. Let me know how they look (healthy or not) and I would get something on a future order. Looking for a yellow assessor now.

Chris777
02/09/2005, 05:53 PM
Larry,

I found a place online maybe be worth checking out they have a yellow assessor from what it shows. I pmed you the site url on orc.

sde219
02/11/2005, 11:44 AM
Jensen:

I didn't realize you had factored shipping and box charges in thsoe prices. Good deals all around then and in line with most of the divers I'm aware of. Thanks for let us know about this.

Steve

Reef05
06/30/2006, 07:15 PM
hey is the hawaiian christmas wrasse reef safe ?

Kreeger1
07/02/2006, 03:31 PM
way to dig up a dead thread