PDA

View Full Version : Anyone repair kangaroo pumps?

fade2black
02/06/2005, 09:24 PM
My kangaroo 324 dosing pump is flashing the "Sys Err", which I believe translates into a motor sensor error. Not too sure about that though. Does anyone repair these, know any place that repairs them, or could help me out repairing it?

Thanks

carsonc
02/07/2005, 01:19 AM
I do know how to fix the problem but I do remember reading a post on RC DIY about a modification to the pump. I think they were removing the flow sensor or something. I would think whoever figured out the way to remove or bypass the sensor would know how to fix the error you are getting.
Carson

fade2black
02/07/2005, 12:33 PM
This isn't the flow sensor modification. I did that years ago and it has been running ever since. This is another error that relates to the motor somehow. According to the error list on the side of the pump, it is a motor sensor. It runs for about 10 seconds and then stops, flashing this error.

manderx
02/07/2005, 12:48 PM
i had the same problem on mine. i could get around it by starting off at a slower speed, then cranking up after 10 minutes. it seemed to have something to do with the tension on it (even though i tried every possible tension on it). but i finally gave up and got a litermeter. it's very nice not having to change the tubing for at least the next year, maybe two.

carsonc
02/07/2005, 12:53 PM
Don know what to tell you, I have not tried any mods on mine and it has never gave me the error about the motor.
I do not know how much "smarts" this thing has but sometimes in a circuit with memory and or processors you can clear error codes and problems by turning the thing on and before it goes to the error code, pull the power cord out of the wall. I think it tries to continue but runs out of power and that somehow clears some problems. Might be worth a try.
Carson

fade2black
02/07/2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by manderx
i had the same problem on mine. i could get around it by starting off at a slower speed, then cranking up after 10 minutes. it seemed to have something to do with the tension on it (even though i tried every possible tension on it). but i finally gave up and got a litermeter. it's very nice not having to change the tubing for at least the next year, maybe two.

Hmm...you may be on to something here. I replaced the cheap tubing with the good stuff that is the same diameter, but a thicker wall, about 3-4 weeks ago. Maybe there is too much tension on it. I'll try that out tonight. Thanks!